gastric sleeve 5 yrs later

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 3:07 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
You have to qualify and quantify what "eat so little means."

If you are carb sensitive and you eat a lot of carbs (which, since you have vomiting issues seems might be high likely since they tend to come up easier and if you know vomiting is an issue, why would not you accommodate for it) then your body is fine with what you are giving it.

If you do not have much muscle mass, or have lost muscle mass, then it takes fewer calories to function than if you have more. 

If you were obese in the first place, then chances are your metabolism has a hitch in its giddyup, so its not working at maximum capacity.

There are googobs of reasons why "eating so little" and maintaining are reasonable, but no one can even begin to speculate about it until you qualify and quantify what you are consuming and your body composition, you know.

So they are just going to leave your hiatal hernia intact and not fix it? 
ProjectJudi
on 4/28/11 7:06 am - Burlington, Canada
I so rarely post but..
In light of the recent posts regarding the band I just find it this post odd.
If I am wrong forgive me. If not you could always revise to the band.
I am not trying to run anyone off and didnt participate in the band threads.
Jo 1962
on 4/28/11 7:17 am - NearHouston, TX
On April 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM Pacific Time, ProjectJudi wrote:
I so rarely post but..
yeah I get it. I did notice this was your only post but think about this...with the success of the VSG (maybe a successful person who's had it for  lets say 5 years), a person suddenly having problems might seek out a SUPPORT forum such as this looking for help.  Of course, not all our physical problems are attributable to our WLS but the OP may have been serious.  I may be less cynical but I'm really weary of how easily the banders are portrayed.  Believe it or not, there's thousands and thousands of bands placed and some of us ARE happy.(NOT just a "lucky few")  I agree that the advertising SUCKS and leads many sheep astray who don't do their research but I made my choice because of my own particular medical history and I'm very happy with it.    I also agree that newbies need to hear ALL the stories good and bad but the rhetoric has really been sad.
My opinion for what its worth.  Thanks for listening. 

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 7:53 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On April 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM Pacific Time, Jolena P. wrote:
On April 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM Pacific Time, ProjectJudi wrote:
I so rarely post but..
yeah I get it. I did notice this was your only post but think about this...with the success of the VSG (maybe a successful person who's had it for  lets say 5 years), a person suddenly having problems might seek out a SUPPORT forum such as this looking for help.  Of course, not all our physical problems are attributable to our WLS but the OP may have been serious.  I may be less cynical but I'm really weary of how easily the banders are portrayed.  Believe it or not, there's thousands and thousands of bands placed and some of us ARE happy.(NOT just a "lucky few")  I agree that the advertising SUCKS and leads many sheep astray who don't do their research but I made my choice because of my own particular medical history and I'm very happy with it.    I also agree that newbies need to hear ALL the stories good and bad but the rhetoric has really been sad.
My opinion for what its worth.  Thanks for listening. 
It's more then likely a troll, but if it is a serious poster then enough people have already told the poster to seek medical attention STAT. Which they should.
rapunzil50
on 4/29/11 3:14 am - FL
i realize that and 84 lb lost is great and even though i have been to gastroentologists....i would still rather be 148lbs that bs. even with having the eating disorder. people really do look at  you differently when you are not obese. thankyou and everyone for feed back..i have beeen suffering in silence....but my girlfriend encouraged me to keep looking for answers to me not being able to keep food down.          ayne
Elizabeth N.
on 4/29/11 8:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
You need more medical opinions on your situation. Chronic vomiting can lead to horrible stuff, as can starving yourself (whether purposefully or by puking all the time). You need to get more aggressive about medical intervention for this.

As for ten pounds....Honey, WLS is about making very obese people LESS OBESE, not about getting SKINNY. You are a fabulous WLS success and now it's time to learn to love yourself as you are. You don't have a weight problem any more. You do, however, have a very terrible health problem. Change your emphasis. You cannot live like this long term.
Zee Starrlite
on 4/28/11 7:20 am
Get to you surgeon PRONTO!  Truly, you're ****tin' us - right?

You are worried about losing more weight when you should be concerned that vomitting is not normal.

It worked, you scared me as a person waiting for an approval for the Sleeve.. . . for a minute!

Hmmm, who you be?

Really stupid and mean if you are being a ******!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

USAF Wife
on 4/28/11 7:43 am
Call your surgeon. No one on an internet forum can tell you why you're puking, developed a hiatal hernia and why you're not having anything medically done to resolve these issues are a huge red flag.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Elizabeth N.
on 4/28/11 7:52 am - Burlington County, NJ
You need to see your surgeon or a gastroenterologist. Chronic vomiting can be deadly. That 20 lbs. is the least of your problems.
rapunzil50
on 4/29/11 3:09 am - FL
cant seem to keep food down..unless i eat super slowly and have no liquids. still have trouble eating out with others. people make a point of asking me is that all you are eating. i eat little meals at a time. and usually have to excuse myself during a meal cause i  feel the food stuck in  my throat. ayne ruderman
Most Active