DIVORCE

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 5:15 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Sometimes I wonder if the speed of communications is all that good. I had a husband off on a one-year long cruise around the world, and while we had our disagreements via letters, it helped to let things cool off when hasty things were said and read and answered and it took WEEKS to do!

Yes, he is deployed, yes, he is under a great deal of stress. 

Write to him and tell him what you said in Line 3.

Hugs,
JennaKopanyi
on 5/7/11 12:12 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
i was thinkung the exact same thing!

if you think your marriage is worth saving, follow Lynn N's advice

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Raze
on 5/6/11 4:40 pm, edited 5/6/11 4:44 pm
Well I am going to spin it like this:

You just had WLS, have lost a bunch of weight, are cute, no kids, cool hair, and had a good 8 year run that is now over. That's a pretty good place to start :)

Nothing is perfect, and nothing lasts forever because we aren't here forever. I am sure after the heartache something great will come your way be it a new relationship or otherwise.

10 years from now (or less) you will look back and realize WLS is one of the best things to ever happen to you, divorce or not. And who knows, maybe your husband just can't deal with all YOUR changes and just needs some time or counseling? idk I don't know either of you. All I can say is....keep on keeping on. It will get BETTER!

IMO

cajungirl
on 5/6/11 9:24 pm
I'm sorry you are going through this too.  My husband surprised me asking for a divorce also, after 16 years of marriage.

It's tough, we do have to small children. 

Be kind to yourself, you'll question A LOT and wonder if you could have done something differently. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

NNicholas
on 5/6/11 10:15 pm - Oxford, MI

Manda,
      The deep dark secret is that relationships often get stressed or fall apart after WLS. Why? Well, to be honest, WLS brings about change and change is not easy on most people. People, as creatures of habit, like a certain comfort zone. We grow accustom to the way things are and are often threatened by anything different.
      Sometimes partners are threatened because they s their role in the relationship being diminished. They see that the relationship isn't just about them, when they realize that their partner, who is now more attractive to others, will require that they be treated, (and viewed), in a different light. 
      WLS is about improving live through living healthier. It is a total lifestyle change, to a healthy lifestyle. A healthy life is dependent on having healthy, supportive people around you. We can not force change upon others, only hope that they will accept it and be healthy and supportive.
      Best wishes and please do not let this derail you. WLS was about living a better longer life, which you will. You chose to change your life for the better, it is a shame that he has chosen not to live that new life with you, but you need to stay focused on you goals. If he ever truly loved you, he will find his way back.

"I refuse to measure success in pounds lost, but rather in life gained!"
Nick
chrisgraves
on 5/6/11 10:50 pm - MA

I'm sending Hugs your way.  Getting blind sidded is the horrible.  I wish you luck working threw things. 

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
martitalinda
on 5/6/11 11:52 pm
 I am so sorry this is happening to you ((((hugs)))) ... words fail me...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Elizabeth N.
on 5/7/11 12:07 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'm so sorry. This is SUCH a common thread among couples going through deployment :-(.
mkbeany
on 5/7/11 12:23 am
GEEZ...what a tool.
(sorry, not helpful, I know)

I don't have any words of wisdom.

Keep coming back here. Lots of good people with lots of life experience.

So sorry this happened...things will be okay.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
MandaTee
on 5/7/11 1:35 am
Thanks everybody for your support.  It means a lot, and helped a lot.
I haven't talked to him again, yet, but I have made a decision....
I am not accepting this.  I am not rolling over and letting him out this easily.
If he needs space or whatever, hows living on the other side of the world for another year for ya?
I love him and am going to fight for him.
We got married in the LDS Temple for Time and All Eternity, and whether he currently believes in that or not is besides the point. 
We will get through this, I'm not going anywhere.

My Story: http://mandaswljourney.blogspot.com/
VSG Surgery Date: Jan 20, 2011
Most Active