Nausea with Vitamin D3

Band to DS
on 5/28/11 12:14 am, edited 2/4/12 3:22 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

TamaraL
on 5/28/11 1:55 am
i wonder if you took it with supper if it would be better. Vitamin D3 can help people sleep better so I would definetly take in the evening

Tamara

spedcon
on 5/28/11 3:17 am
Hi Shelli,
I agree with Tamara....I'm no expert but my doctor warned me that vitamin D could cause nausea. He suggested taking it with a food and at bedtime. I try not to eat at bedtime so it didn't make it easy. I am fortunate, it never caused me any nausea. It makes you sick through the next day? I guess taking it at bedtime would not help. I hope someone can offer a better suggestion. Connie
Kathleen F.
on 5/28/11 9:55 am

Maybe you need to take magnesium. Here is what the Vitamin D Council says about the relationship between vitamin D and magnesium:

Magnesium deficiency

Magnesium deficiency is epidemic in the United States, with the majority of Americans unknowingly deficient. 9 13 This can be problematic when optimizing vitamin D levels. In fact, it is common for rising vitamin D levels to bring up symptoms of an underlying magnesium deficiency.

Vitamin D has no known side effects. If one experiences any of the following symptoms due to supplementing with vitamin D - or with sun exposure - a magnesium deficiency is most likely the reason why:

* irritability or anxiety
    * nausea
    * headaches
    * insomnia
    * fatigue
    * muscle cramps/twitching
    * weakness
    * constipation

Band to DS
on 5/28/11 1:56 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:23 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1516 views