Size question - Disneyland Rides!

ACASHMAMA
on 6/2/11 4:34 am
Hi evereyone,

I am going to Disneyland next week and am wondering if I will fit on any of the rides ;-(
I am 6 ft tall, weight 350 lbs, I wear a size 26.

Can anyone please tell me their experiences getting on rides at Disneyland pre-op??  I would really like to go on one or 2, but would love to save myself some embarrasment if possible.

Thank you,
JOJO
unewillow
on 6/2/11 4:49 am - CT
It's been awhile since I've been to DL, but I can tell you in WDW I had no issues riding anything because of my weight. You'll probably run into more comfort issues because of your height (ie: leg room).

So Blessed!
on 6/2/11 4:51 am

Their website has some pictures and videos of the rides. 

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/list/

Hope this helps.  Have fun!
Dionysus
on 6/2/11 4:53 am

We all have different body shapes, so your height and weight may not be enough information.  Maybe measure yourself around the hips and call Disneyland, and ask what size restrictions they may have due to seat size, and ask what the seat sizes are for various rides?  It may be better to get some of this information in advance, rather then find out when you try to fit on a ride.

I'm sure there are many rides that you will fit on just fine.  Have lots of fun!

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 4:55 am - CA

Disneyland is probably one of the best theme parks for people of "size".  You're going to be just fine going on Pirates of the Carribean, It's a Small World, The Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, probably all of the Fantasyland rides..etc.  Depending on your body shape, you might have issues with Space Mountain and a couple rides like Star Tours and Indiana Jones require a seat belt that needs to go around you.

At California Adventure across the way, it gets a little more dicey because of the coasters.  But overall I think you'll have a GREAT day at the Happiest Place on Earth!

ACASHMAMA
on 6/2/11 5:08 am
Thanks for the info!  I haven't been there since I was 21 and I was alot smaller then ;-)  We are taking my 5 year old son for his Birthday and I want to be able to ride rides with him!  I really appreciate the input - we are gonna have a blast  
sunnycapecod143
on 6/2/11 6:15 am
we went a few years ago. My husband is 6' 300 lbs, my son is 6'5" 200 lbs, I am 5'9" (was 280) we didn't have a problem. you will be fine. enjoy!

unewillow
on 6/2/11 7:50 am - CT
Oh, and as a hint, any ride with a seatbelt, pull the belt ALL the way out before you sit down and buckle.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 6/2/11 8:06 am
 I go to the Disney parks at least once a year, and am a coaster junkie. Disney is one of the ONLY parks who's rides I fit in pre-op. Even the ones that strap you in, you will fit. I travel thousands of miles to try different coasters, and know Disney accommodates larger riders than any park I've been in.

My highest weight to Disney world and land was about 325 or 330, but I'm only 5'5", and carried alot in my belly.  Some of the really tight fitting rides have special seats or rows that are roomier. You won't even know which they are are, but the folks who load the rides will just guide your group to them, like they send every group to some row. No one would ever know the difference. Honestly though, I don't think you'll actually need the roomier seats.

ACASHMAMA
on 6/2/11 9:22 am
Thank you (and everyone else too!) for the info... i am feeling much better about it now

One of my big things on my list of to do's after losing weight is to go to Magic Mountain and ride all the roller coasters!  I love them, but at this weight it is pretty freakin uncomfortable.

-JO
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1448 views