OFFENSIVE TWITTER HASHTAG #fatpeoplenightmares

divataunia
on 7/5/11 12:01 am - Pasadena, CA
I'm not sure if any of you caught this over the weekend, but there was a really horrific hashtag in full force:   #fatpeoplenightmares.   I'm going to talk about it on the radio program tonight, and would love to get some listener feedback.  I responded back to a few (admittedly pretty snarky), and I think one of the last responses that I got was the most disturbing:

"uhh news flash that TT didnt violate civil rights nor did it make fat people unequal i see no rights restricted in that TT"

One of my followers suggested that we create a hashtag called "exposethebiggots."  I am generally a "shame doesn't work" person, but how do we get to a point where fat-hate and fat jokes and prejudice are NOT socially acceptable?  Would LOVE to hear your thoughts and input tonight on the show.   Starts at 7pm EST and the call-in number is 347-857-2052.  You can also join the livechat at 6:45:  www.backstagepassradio.com.   (Oh, and PS?  I also have great prizes to give away tonight too!  So it's not ALL a bummer.  lol)

(If you're not a Twitter user, try this link and you should be able to follow the offensive disscussions that went on:)

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23fatpeoplenightmares

Cheers,

Diva Taunia 

Facebook Twitter Google YouTube pinterest Blog RSS Facebook Page Klout Soundcloud

Nic M
on 7/5/11 1:45 am
Bigots only has one "g," if you decide to use the hashtag. 

Ignorance abounds. It doesn't surprise me when I see prejudice against fat people. It's a shame that it still happens, but it doesn't surprise me.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

divataunia
on 7/5/11 7:28 am - Pasadena, CA
 "Bigots only has one "g," if you decide to use the hashtag.  "  lol...DAMMIT!  Spell check for me.

Cheers,

Diva Taunia 

Facebook Twitter Google YouTube pinterest Blog RSS Facebook Page Klout Soundcloud

M M
on 7/5/11 4:45 am
 Oh Taunia, there are worse.  It's sucky that this one has trended up - but there are many - much much worse.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1541 views