Tricare Prime and Tummy Tuck

KELLYLANCE
on 8/25/11 2:14 am - MO
Hey everyone! I am about a year and a half post-op and am down a little over 200 pounds. Recently I was approved for a breast reduction and I was told that Tricare wouldn't cover a tummy tuck? Before I had the gastric bypass I was told that they would cover the skin removal as well. Also I have read about several other people that have had it done.
Can anyone help me out here? How do I go about getting this approved??
I call it my 'front butt' and would love love love to get it taken care of. I'd rather have a tummy tuck than a boob job, really?
Any help, suggestions or advise would be so greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 2:52 am - Burlington County, NJ
Still Fawn
on 8/25/11 4:50 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
As far as I know, tricare will cover the panni portion if your ps demonstrates a need due to rashes, back problems, etc. I have heard they will upgrade to the full TT if you have a hernia that needs repaired.

I get my medical care at a military hospital, and it was absolutely no problem to get a TT, despite the fact that I would never have met tricares requirements. If you can get your WLS to refer to the plastic surgeon at an mtf it is the plastic surgeons discretion to decide if you need the surgery. If you live near an mtf I would recommend at least trying!

I love my plastic surgeon at west point, he has been awesome, and my TT results are great- I am four weeks post op.

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 10:07 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Most Active