Enough of the Bull poo poo cac caaaaaaaaa!

kirmy
on 8/28/11 9:24 pm, edited 8/28/11 10:22 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
If I have to hear again how I'm going to fall down dead in a puddle of my own diarrhea by another uninformed nit wit giving health advice to newbies I'm gonna stage a dirty protest in THEIR bathroom!

Once upon a time I thought the DS old timers were a little draconian in how they jumped all over idiots on the boards there by giving DSers a reputation akin to Attila the Hun. Now I get it! Having to argue against a tide of misinformation and deliberate deception is enough to make anyone want to crack heads! LEAVE IT OUT!

So once more for the road:

I **** twice a day. It goes like this: One big soft crap that empties the distal end of colon followed an hour later after coffee and toasted ham and cheese sandwich with another soft formed crap from the proximal end of my colon. This totally empties my colon....totally...i.e. there is utterly nothing left but a lone tumble weed rattling about and the sound of the "Good the Bad and the Ugly" playing. I then get about my chaotic lifestyle. Loads of DSers get constipation and need to take magnesium in big doses to crap daily.

The RNY has dumping and foamies to stop you from eating like a dick, The VSG has painful restriction that makes you want to explode like a toad in the sun if you over eat (I've got your VSG as the first part of my GI tract peoples), the lap band just makes eating anything difficult or not at all, or will eventually give you the mother****** of gastritis anyway so eating is going to be a detractor for many . The DSers hot wired STOP button is diarrhea. How do I give myself diarrhea? Well I ingest say two donuts, a bowl of pasta and top if off with chocolate in large amounts and a milkshake, I'll have about 5-7 loose bowel motions over the next 8 hours. I know not to eat white processed carbs in large quantities but sometimes I think "ahhh **** it" and have a night of terribleness. This happens once a fortnight maybe. I choose this it doesn't happen to me!

I eat several times a day because I'm body building allegedly although my arse is still 40cms down my thighs and swinging. My eating habits mirror the skinny people I know. I can eat in a restaurant like anyone else and not stand out as the person that can only eat three spoon fulls of food. I eat a small to medium portion size. An example of my daily diet is:

Breakfast:
Coffee, full fat lacto free milk, x1 slice of toast, 1 tbl spoon of butter, three slices of ham, one tomato, melted cheddar cheese and diced onion. NOM! Then another coffee.

Morning tea:
Chicken leg , orange sliced. Protein shake (75gms protein) with half full fat cream and milk

Lunch:
Sirloin steak cooked in garlic butter and mushrooms, Cream sauce if I can be arsed. Potato if I can fit it in

Afternoon Tea:
Packet of crisps or corn-chips, guacamole dip, more coffee decaf. Milk and cream

Dinner:
Usually a chicken or prawn curry. Tonight I'm making Mogul lamb with basmati rice and salad.

Dessert:
Chocolate and a decaff coffee, an apple or banana

Late snack:
Cheese slices and ham.

Am I a glutton? Nope. Anyone reading that and coming to the conclusion that that is an excessive amount to eat has food issues they need to closely look at. If by eating in a normal adult grazing and main meal pattern smacks of gluttony then I'm a glutton...a happy contented glutton. It is really hard to maintain a life of austere restriction. Food is beautiful and a celebration and I for one want to love eating not live in fear of food as the enemy. It nourishes me both physically and emotionally. I want to enjoy it for the rest of my life.....simple! If you (like the Royal We) need to diet to feel good then bang on. I won't. I can't keep that **** up.

So why then are all DSers being painted as **** smeared vitamin deficient anorexics or compulsive eating hysterics? I'm not! I don't know anyone that is and I've been active on the boards for about three years or more. I remember one women who had to be revised because of their weight loss being too extreme. That is three out of thousands of people that pass through this forum each day. I don't hear DSers screaming that all RNY folk are laying about in a bubble of foam unconscious with reactive hypoglycemia. I don't hear DSers telling VSG patients they are living on borrowed time and that their stomachs will rupture or they'll stretch to the size of the moon. OK we give lap bands a kicking cause many are revised from a lap band or have had terrible personal experiences due to them. For me my sister had massive esophageal erosion and her band slipped up and almost ruptured the upper aspect of her stomach. I would never tell anyone to get this surgery....ever!

Let me be clear that different surgeries exist to meet different needs. Surgeons are making money off us. Misinformation is easier to spread then good surgical intervention that may cost extra theater time and expense. Look deeper then throw away comments made by so called "experts". As a Nurse Practitioner I've heard some serious bull**** bandied about by surgeons and Physicians in my time so the "experts" are just as clouded with prejudice as anyone else. Medical misinformation is usually surrounding any procedure dealing with politically hot topics. The fact that 50% of UK and US people are projected to be morbidly obese by 2030 should get your antenna wobbling. There is LOTS AND LOTS of money to be made off us fat *******s. Doing three RNY's to one DS or Three VSG's to one DS is financially more sensible isn't it? Why would I tell you to get a DS then when you're going to cost me £22000 in lost patient revenues for one day?

www.thelancet.com/series/obesity

Think..read...explore and understand.

I am healthy to the point of being an athlete now. I don't smell, I'm not a glutton, I don't hate you because you're not having the same surgery as me. Just don't **** on my gate and then tell me not to come and crap in your flowers.

Nu ff Said. Enjoy your day and pass the butter please.

Edited to ammed dates in the quoted article.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Kathleen W.
on 8/28/11 10:19 pm - Lancaster, PA
Even thought I had an rny,  I was going between the rny and the ds before I made the final decision.  . Both are good choices to get to a healthy bodies and weight loss.  We do what is best for US!  If nobody likes the ds, it's because of ignorance and/or stupidity.  They shouldn't be judging what they don't understand.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

kirmy
on 8/28/11 10:26 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
They should be trying to understand what they judge so harshly!  People make health decisions each day without appropriate knowledge which blows my mind.  To express a lack of understanding as standardised health advice to newbies is at best misinformed at worst negligent. 

The fact that there is a growing population of people opting for and revising to the Ds should spark curiosity.  I guess a water spout of bull**** comes along with that.  Pillocks!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Hey Jules
on 8/28/11 10:34 pm
Spoken like the one-and-only Kirmy! 

I am loving life with my DS and the freedom that it has given me!

I eat LOTS of fat with my meals (and a naughty treat or two a day) and have no poo problems at all.

Cheers and pass the bacon!

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

AllieInOntario
on 8/29/11 12:10 am
On August 29, 2011 at 5:34 AM Pacific Time, Hey Jules wrote:
Spoken like the one-and-only Kirmy! 

I am loving life with my DS and the freedom that it has given me!

I eat LOTS of fat with my meals (and a naughty treat or two a day) and have no poo problems at all.

Cheers and pass the bacon!
Yep... Love our Kirmy!!!  
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 10:36 pm, edited 8/28/11 10:40 pm
 Thanks  for   Ur post Kirmy  .  I always  learn so much from Ur posts  !  I  always  HAVE been very curious about this  aspect of  the DS surgery  ... I remember reading about   carbon   panty pads  before  choosing my surgery and flagyl   and saying WHOA  !!  

They made DS  ers sound truly  stinky  ...  

honestly I dont think at BARELY  35  BMI  i  could have gotten insurance coverage for a DS but i MIGHT Have gotten a sleeve  and probably should  have pushed for that  ..  oh well... 

one of the reasons  I personally  DIDNT   really consider the DS  enough was  the full fat  menu after  spending  most of my life eating next to no fat  .  interestingly enough  now that im starting to work regularly  I get  confronted  with delicious  full fat  catered food  ALL THE TIME  LOL .... 

I hate to say this  but I  am experiencing the reactive hypoglycemia aspect of RNY  myself.   I  HAVE  to eat   carbs  and HAVEto eat   every few hours   or  I basically cant  function properly  .. which is  not helping  with   my  acchieving  my weight loss goal  grrr ... .    I hope I don't get flamed for admitting that  but who cares ... by the way Ur  new avatar  is SOO  Beautiful !! 
Elizabeth N.
on 8/29/11 2:26 am - Burlington County, NJ
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 11:01 pm

Cowgirl_X
on 8/28/11 11:47 pm
Amen, sister.
cajungirl
on 8/28/11 11:50 pm
lone tumble weed rattling  poor, poor tumble weed rattling alone.  My alien crowling pouch does that too sometimes.

You are exactly right, Kirmy all surgeries have something in them to deter us and help us remember to make better choices.  We (collectively) usually DO.NOT.ALWAYS.LISTEN so we deal with the consequencies as they apply.

I find good in all surgery types with the exception of the lapband (yes I'll diss that ****** from here to eternitity, because I see loved ones living that disasterous muthefuker).  I'm trying to get one of them to come back to OH and read the failed lapband board and the revisions board.  She's dealing with the stuck feeling, puking, sometimes left shoulder pain, a replaced port and who knows what else.

It's time for the ******g band to be extinct just as the VBG is no longer being performed MUCH if at all because of the complications that arose years after having that surgery.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1301 views