stuck pill! Help

Terry B.
on 12/8/11 10:10 pm - Martinsville, IN
I took all med medication this morning and I felt one pill stick.  That has been over an hour ago and I am still hurting when I bend over (up into my Jawline!) and when I try to swallow.  I can breath fine.  I got a call into my PCP, but any of you have any tips for me??  Thanks, you are all wonderful.

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 10:20 pm
Take little sips of water and try to relax your throat. Its will dissolve slowly and go down:)
Terry B.
on 12/8/11 10:44 pm - Martinsville, IN
I have been drinking hot coffee with both sips and gulps to try to get it down.  My PCP said to go to the ER since my surgeon is in Carmel and I am 45 minutes away.  I just hate to.  It is not in my throat, but right at the entrance to my pouch.  Not toally blocked as I can get little belches out.

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

littleskie
on 12/8/11 11:49 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Got any papaya enzymes? Thats what I take when I get food stuck, i'd think it would help in this situation.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

jacreasy
on 12/9/11 6:01 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 I heard of the Papaya Enzymes and that they help with STUCK things.... Are they pills or something you chew up?  How does that work anyways?

Hope it goes down...

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

beth-28
on 12/9/11 11:56 am
You may need to go to the ER. They can remove it with conscious sedation.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Binda
on 12/9/11 2:59 pm - CA
Papaya - pick some up and it's just amazing how well they work.

Either that or meat tenderizer (blech)

I grind mine up - 3-4 at a time when I need em and chase with ho****er - within a period of 30-60 minutes it's unstuck.

Hope you update us on how things went

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Miss_Kitty
on 12/12/11 5:02 am - New Bedford, MA
I have trouble swallowing pills too. I notice that if you drink first, it lubricates your throat. And second, don't try to swallow them all at once. Try it in 2-3 batches. After the pills are in your mouth, try chugging water or juice. The force of the water should get them down.

But seriously, try drinking a little fluid first for lubrication. Hope that helps.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1249 views