Gastric bypass after sleeve

Zee Starrlite
on 1/12/12 12:38 am, edited 1/12/12 12:41 am
Naomi the sleeve is really fantastic . . .really fantastic!  I know you will take what I say and turn it negative but I am so glad there was this option for me after the band.  The sleeve is not a pouch like your sister had. 

I do not dump and most VSGers do not.  Initially there may be some sensitivity for a handful of new sleevers with extreme fatty sweets but really no one should eat them - no?  I had a reaction one time pretty early out my boss made the most buttery and sweetest blondies known to man - they were actually discusting but once an addict (me) gets a taste of sugar she craves more. So I ate 3 mini brownies on an empty stomach and had nothing to mix it with like protein which would have leveled things out.  My sugar rose and dropped - I felt a little light headed and that was that.  No puking No cramps, No diarrhea or anything funky.  Now I can eat sugar straight and nothing at all happens.  I can eat anything - No refux, no heartburn, no nothing

Mostly it is beautiful to eat sooooo healthy.  I love that I can have all the fruits & vegetables, protein and healthy grains (the gritty unprocessed stuff too!) my body needs.  I feel so good about that.

Any WLS is about getting and being healthy for the rest of our lives.  I am back at Weigh****chers and loving it!   It is so nice to have support and accountability.  This is work for the rest of our lives.  We can't get passive with any of these surgeries and thing the weight will stay off.

Again I am glad you are happy with your band and pray for you that things will stay that way.  My best guy friend is banded and I am his biggest cheerleader  . . . he is mine too

I happy .

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MyLady Heidi
on 1/12/12 2:15 am
Look at your new avatar, what a hottie!!!  Glad to hear your VSG is working out well!!!
Zee Starrlite
on 1/12/12 3:22 am

Thanks Heidi.  You're always looking hot!

I am so thankful that my sleeved stomach has worked out so will.  I am very fortunate and I thank my lucky stars.

Blessings,
L

Miss Liss
on 1/13/12 11:13 pm
I didn't recognize you! I just realized who you are!  You look amazing.  So glad things worked out for you. 
Kathy & Rich
on 1/13/12 9:24 pm - Fairfax, VA
Heidi!  Have "seen" you in ages and ages!!
PinkRibbonLL.gif, Denis Ryan improved pink ribbon - 2002, thanks Denis! ~Kathy~5'7.5"~lap RNY~05/20/2005~ PinkRibbonLL.gif, Denis Ryan improved pink ribbon - 2002, thanks Denis! 279/276/244/160/148/185 (high/consult/preop/goal/low/current)
~Rich
~6'5.0"~open RNY~08/05/2004~>500+/450/437/250/239/320(high/consult/preop/goal/low/current)
MyLady Heidi
on 1/13/12 10:57 pm
 I was thinking the same thing, I post here every day it keeps me grounded and makes it impossible to snack when you are reading about someones battle to even get approved and have a chance at getting back their life.
heathercross
on 1/12/12 3:24 am - New York, NY
 Totally off topic, but, Zee you look great in that new pic. I remember you and I trading comments when I was being Banded after RNY. Just wanted to say hello.

Zee Starrlite
on 1/12/12 6:36 am
Wow Heather!!!  You are doing so well with your band!  I am glad that it has worked out for you too.

All the best

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/12 6:44 am
Dumping is not very frequent on the VSG board. There are episodes of it but it is definitely not a regular thing and I would not say it is the "SAME" as the RNY folks at all. Not even close. Please, spend some time on the board and see how often it ISN'T mentioned...
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/12 6:03 am
Yeah... i have been reading and see a trend of Sleeve "hate".