How much sublingual B12 do you take a day?

Lilly2004
on 1/30/12 12:07 am
I've been taking a 2500mcg sublingually but would like to raise my level.  Am thinking about doing 5000mcg a day, seem ok?  Thanks!
RNY - 8 years post-op
Trying to lose regain

poet_kelly
on 1/30/12 12:39 am - OH
I don't take a sublingual, I do shots.  But.  The ASMBS recommends 350-500 mcg daily, unless your B12 level is low.  What's your level on 2500 a day?  I would think that would be plenty.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aaaaaaa
on 1/30/12 12:50 am
 I take 1000mcg daily, and my labs always come back every 6 months a bit high, but I know that's ok.  What are your labs showing on 2500mcg daily? Why are you thinking about raising your dosage? Are you low?

bbtwins28
on 1/30/12 1:34 am
I was told to take 500mcg everyday or 1000mcg every other day. Right now I'm taking 1200mcg every other day because I couldn't find 1000mcg in sublingual.
Tenacious88
on 1/30/12 1:40 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: Try whole Foods.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

aaaaaaa
on 1/30/12 2:27 am
 Walmart has sublinguals that are 500mcgs each. I take 2 of them a day, and you can take them at the same time. They're tiny and inexpensive. :D

epsted
on 1/30/12 3:02 am
Bariatric Advantage makes a sublingual 1000mcg B12.
AnneGG
on 1/30/12 4:02 am
I take shots also. One less thing to worry about taking in the month in between.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Nevada-Fluffy
on 1/30/12 4:31 am - Henderson, NV
For those of you taking shots, what's the shot dose and frequency?
poet_kelly
on 1/30/12 6:15 am - OH
1000 mcg once a month is the usual dose, unless your labs show you need more.  I do 1000 mcg once a week to keep my level up, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active