problems in shower

adele12
on 4/12/12 8:42 pm
I'm always worried that i may slip in the shower and there will be no one to help me. Please could help me with how to overcome this
thanks
KellyRhyne
on 4/12/12 8:57 pm - SC
I have this same fear. You might want to purchase a shower bench, a non-slip pad to put on the bottom of the tub or shower and also install a handrail on the side of the wall that you can hold on to.

Kelly     
DianeCameron
on 4/13/12 12:40 am - OH
If you are not able to purchase the bench seat or hand rail here is something I have done in the past. I used a puffy towel and folded it over twice and put it in the tub. Once the water soaks into it it stays in place. Do you have anyone that would be willing to at least stand by while you are in the shower in case perhaps you get lightheaded or feel that you need help? My husband stood outside the shower the entire time.
Hope this helps

Tammy H.
on 4/13/12 1:02 am - Greenville, OH
 If you dont have a shower chair/bench, or no money to buy one, try using a cooler...I did this a few times...just sit the pop cooler on a towel/rubber mat  in the tub, this way it doesnt slide around...I always keep my cordless phone within reach of the bathtub incase I were to fall...Also keep a towel, robe nearby incase you fall you can sleep it on before someone comes in to help you up..

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Barbara1965
on 4/14/12 6:44 am - Weedsport, NY
RNY on 06/11/12
     What a great idea-using a cooler! I never would have thought of that! I have a shower chair but it's because of the herniated disc in my back. Every once in a while my left leg will give out and if it wasn't  for my chair I'd be terrified of falling! 
jarabacoagirl
on 4/13/12 3:03 am
VSG on 12/17/12 with
Just wondering I haven't had my surgery yet.  Is this because you and others get lightheaded post surgery?  I'm worried about this with not having as much food. 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

momjan
on 4/13/12 5:58 am - Canada
Was never even a concern for me.....no lightheadedness, etc.  Not sure why some think it`s a concern now, unless they are experiencing some different feelings......which can happen.........

You can always take a bath instead ;-)

Don`t worry about not having as much food...your body is storing a lot; that is what you are burning off, so even though you aren`t putting it in your mouth, your body has a great reserve to draw from.....that`s why we needed the surgery...lol.

adele12
on 4/15/12 8:50 pm
Thank you all for all the advice you have given me it ios much appreciated. I was also wondering does anyone else have a problem of wiping their back as i do and i'm embarrassed to call my partner. could anyone help me. please. thanks
Most Active
Progress Pictures!
Erin T. · 39 replies · 711 views
Benadryl & Weight Gain
Lina_Ann · 20 replies · 357 views
Feeling hungry?
thegarv · 17 replies · 396 views
What are you thankful for in 2017?
Kathy S. · 12 replies · 172 views
Pre-op Shakes
ks76 · 9 replies · 174 views