Messages from a "deactivated member"?

Linda G.
on 4/24/12 3:29 pm - Canada
Hi there,
as I am a very new member of OH I have a question that I am not sure who to go for an answer on this.
I keep getting messages from a person calling herself  Lovely Liberty, but it says that she is a deactivated member. She is asking me to email message her directly, is this normal. I am kind of niave when it comes to this type of thing, so I am not sure if this is someone just trying to scam my email address out of me or not?  Is there a way that I can find our if this is a legit person actually looking for someone to talk to about a wls journey?
Cathrine J.
on 4/24/12 3:35 pm - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Hi Linda,

This is a scam message or something.  I get messages like that from time to time.  You can either just ignore it or try to block them. 

Welcome to the Obesity Help.  I'm sure you'll find the forums quite informative.

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

Dave Chambers
on 4/24/12 4:05 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Block her immediatly and DO NOT respond to her.  I've gotten about 15 of these over the past 3 years or so. They sneak through every once in a while, not daily.  Don't waste the time to find anything about them.  They likely are a fraud anyway.  There are plenty of members of OH to talk to. Deactivated members are not the ones you want to talk to, they likely just want $$$. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Sunbunnyqt
on 4/24/12 11:14 pm - FL
Dave,

Just wanted to say it is good to see your posts again. I was worried when I didn't see them for awhile.

Good to know you are okay.

Linda G.
on 4/24/12 4:13 pm - Canada
Thank you for your replies, I figured that there had to be something kind of off about the way this person is asking me to contact them directly. I will block or delete and ingnore any future ones that I get that are like that.
Thanks again,

martitalinda
on 4/24/12 10:11 pm
 Report and delete those without even responding to them ... they are usually a scam 99% of the time... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

jodisue40
on 4/24/12 10:19 pm - OH
RNY on 04/11/12
I was getting them also, I just blocked her or whoever it is

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/12 11:36 pm
You mean all of those marriage proposals I have received over the years weren't real?!  LOL!
Patiurple
on 4/25/12 12:40 am - Wheatland, OK
Sorry charlie..mine was for real...OH wait I didnt ask you...
being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/12 1:29 am
LOL!!!  :)
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1308 views