find it difficult getting up

adele12
on 4/26/12 8:16 pm

Whenever i sit down and want to get back up i find it really difficult to gety back up because im so huge. does anyone else find it hard too?

Dave Chambers
on 4/26/12 11:13 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I think that is an issue many overweight people have. That's one of the reasons I had RNY.  A couple of suggestions.  The springs or cushions in your couch or chair may be worn.  There are "couch cushion enhancers" I've seen on TV, or you could get a piece of 3/8 or 1/2 inch plywood under the cushion. This will likely raise you up 2-3 inches, and that may help.   I also know post ops who used those "geriatric electric chairs", seen on an occasional TV ad or in AARP magazine etc. These are designed for elderly patients who have weak muscles, and they have an electric motor to raise the seat and back of the chair about a foot or more so you can get out of the chair easier. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

addict05
on 4/27/12 12:28 am - IL
You definately aren't alone. I also struggle getting up from anything. The arthritis in my knees amplifies this as well.  I am so anxiously awaiting my surgery on May 16th.  Do you have plans for a surgery?
rach101406
on 4/27/12 12:50 am - fergus falls , MN
 I myself struggle very much with getting up. Whether it be from a dining chair or if Im in the vehichle for more than 10 minutes at a time. This is just part of the reason Im going through with surgery. Do you have plans for surgery?

nurse55
on 4/27/12 6:41 pm
DS on 09/11/12
I have major problems getting up, I have had back surgery, knee surgrey, and shoulder surgery, and I ache and hurt all over...when I get up in the mornings, I walk like a bow legged sailor!!!

Most Active