products

adele12
on 5/10/12 8:59 pm
I know you can buy a shoe horn to help put your shoes on so was thinking if there is a product which can support you putting your socks on or even support you to bend down.

thanks
Lisarn1
on 5/10/12 9:04 pm - Raleigh, NC
 Yup, you can go to the pharmacy area in most stores, like CVS or Walgreens, and the like, and find most of those types of items. They sometimes come in a package with several items. It may be labeled for stroke patients, or ortho patients. Ask one of the pharmacy staff to assist you.
Good Luck
Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Valerie G.
on 5/10/12 9:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Work a low chair to support you bending down.  For your socks, I would recoommend some little rubber-tipped tongs.  You don't have to spend $20 at the medical supply store.  Just get them in the kitchen section.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Mary Catherine
on 5/10/12 11:55 pm, edited 5/10/12 11:56 pm
 When my mom had her hip replaced they gave her a long handled shoe horn that was about 18 inches long and a really neat device to put her socks on with.  She still uses both and that was about 15 years ago.  Look for a product called Sock  Aid and an long shoe horn.

Extra Long Shoe HornDuro Med Sock Aid with Terry/Nylon Cloth
adele12
on 5/13/12 8:11 pm
thank you to all i will certainly go to the pharmacy and have a look but before that i will look in the internet to see if i can find the products.
thanks to all
Most Active