WLS should NEVER be considered shameful or frowned upon!

Miss_Kitty
on 7/16/12 10:22 am - New Bedford, MA
I hear allot of people shyly admitting, (or just plain denying) the fact that they had WLS. As if it isn't bad enough that we are often ridiculed and looked down upon for being obese, now we are looked down at because we chose to get surgery......life saving surgery!!!!!

I wish I could b*tch slap anyone who looks down on it!

To those of you who do get cut down for making a life-saving choice, ask those *******s this...........

What would you say if I had heart surgery? Brain surgery? A piece of my liver removed? All of these are life saving surgeries so why is WLS any different?????

I feel your anger, everyone, and if it were ever legal to kill someone, then the human race would certainly become extinct!!!!!!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Jess B.
on 7/16/12 1:14 pm - IA
First I love this post.. But second I am one of those people that did not just come out and tell everyone that I am having surgery. I work with a few very judgemental people and I just did not care to hear what they have to say. Of course they know about it now becasue some people can not keep their mouth shut and they talk all the crap behind my back about it but I am to the point that I am a grown adult who has tried EVERYTHING to lose weight and nothing has worked and I am not doing this for them I am doing this for me and so if they want to talk about crap that they know nothing about then let it be.. but for the people that say its the easy way out.. well they have another thing coming.... But THANK YOU for a post like this..
Miss_Kitty
on 7/16/12 1:38 pm - New Bedford, MA
Thank you. I hold this topic close to my heart. People in general peeve me off so bad. They pick on us obese people so bad, then when we finally find a way that can help us, they ridicule it! WLS is certainly not the "easy way out!" No surgery is easy! Not even having a tooth pulled is easy! (I am terrified of the dentist! LOL!)

I'd love to say to these same jerks who will eventually need open heart surgery...."Oh, you took the easy way out instead of watching your cholesteral or salt intake!" etc. Ugh, I could just go on forever!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Mrylln
on 7/16/12 3:45 pm - Highlands, NJ
 Hi Y'all,

I had my surgery in 7/08, and am nearly 200 pounds off. 

This has changed every aspect of my life for the better.

When you grow into being slim, you will see such people for the small-minded bigots they really are, and they will lose all power to hurt you.

You see, when you do lose weight, and then go to a class reunion, and see  what happened to the Class of xx, then you will truly know the "feeling" of righteous, and it's xxxxx magnificent!!!

I have a bit of a lower belly, a couple of batwings, and my thighs could be firmer, but when I saw the jaws drop on some of my boyfriends from 40 years ago, all I can say is: "How sweet it is." In fact, one very handsome fellow (knockout!) just game me such a look, I was afraid to talk to him. Later, I asked him why he looked that way, and he said it was because I grew up gorgeous. 
I would never, ever have believed him before.
Don't worry what people have to say about YOUR surgery. It's YOUR life. Get in the game.

Cheers,
Mrylln

goddessgrrl
on 7/16/12 3:57 pm - VA
Mrylln, your post reminds of a book I just finished reading called "The Last Time I Saw You" by Elizabeth Berg. It's about the 40th high school reunion of a high school & how all the people feel about going & what happens that night. It's great! Fun beach read. Anyway, you GO grrl on your success in "growing up gorgeous!"

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/16/12 8:27 pm - Burleson, TX

GG....crap..there YOU go...burning into my book budget AGAIN...that book sounds GREAT..my 30 yrs reunion was pretty "enlightening"..my 40 yr..coming up in 3 yrs..OMG, I'm old..will be even BETTER..I totally plan on winning the "Most Changed Award"..but I it renamed to "Most Healthy", or "Most Improved"...

or the"Most Hawt, and You Can't Have It NOW, Since It Wasn't Good Enough THEN Award"

crap...I may write my OWN book

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

goddessgrrl
on 7/17/12 3:44 am - VA
Hmmm... there is one word you used that I don't understand. Guess I'll have to look it up.

"BUDGET"

I think I've heard The Hubs use that one before... I thought it was a curse word. He's always about to blow a gasket whenever he screams it.

feistyemm
on 7/19/12 2:47 am - Westchester, NY
 OMG -- I have to run and pick up this book -- I'm going to my 40th reunion on August 18th!!! 14 days after my wedding (and 11 days after my implants)!! Yee Haa!  lol

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

goddessgrrl
on 7/19/12 3:38 pm - VA
Oh my gosh you hott WOMAN YOU! You are gonna blow everyone outta the water. August 18 is my BIRTHDAY! wooHOO! Sure wish I could be somewhere as fun as where you'll be that day.

Getting married?! How fabulous! Congratulations!

jewel-twin
on 7/16/12 11:59 pm - Canada
People have a need to pick on someone.  Its the fat kid, the really skinny kid, the kid with glasses, the kid with freckles, the kid with big feet, the kid with tattered cloths....

I recognize this for what it is... these people are VERY insecure with themselves and they are comparing themself against others to try to make themselves feel superior.  

And what normally happens?  The kids that were picked on grow up to be steller humans and learn from the experience and hopefully grow to NEVER want to put someone else down and teach their kids to be strong, independent, tollerant humans.

So for those who ever think of telling ME this is the easy way out, or looking down on me in any way for taking care of myself... I have two very cubby middle fingers to throw their way.

Juls

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1362 views