Hi, everyone! I'm new here. I'm 9 days post-op.

barefootcajun
on 7/26/12 8:36 am - New Orleans, LA
RNY on 07/17/12
 My name is Michele and I'm from New Orleans, LA.  I'm 50 and finally had an opportunity to have the surgery I'd dreamed of having for years.  I had RNY on July 17th and I am shocked as to how great I feel.  

I am married to a great guy who loves me no matter what I weigh.  We share our home with three crazy dogs - a Peke-a-poo, a half-Bichon Frise half-Chihuahua, and a Bichon Frise.  I'm adjusting to life after RNY - trying to get all the protein and water in each day and learning that my brain still thinks I can eat a lot of food.  Fortunately, my new stomach doesn't agree.

I look forward to getting to know folks here and learning from you all.
 My blog Living (Not So) Large - http://barefootcajun.wordpress.com  
RNY Surgery July 17, 2012

SouthernGirl23
on 7/26/12 10:17 am
RNY on 07/18/12
Welcome! Mine was on the 18th. Still pretty sore and stuff but adjusting well. :)
barefootcajun
on 7/26/12 11:06 am - New Orleans, LA
RNY on 07/17/12
 Congratulations! Hoping the soreness and stiffness goes away quickly for you.

Amy T.
on 7/26/12 12:18 pm - Labadieville, LA
 Hi, welcome!!  I am from Louisiana too!! Nice to meet some local people!!
barefootcajun
on 7/26/12 12:30 pm - New Orleans, LA
RNY on 07/17/12
 Hi, Amy!  Where are you in LA?

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/12 5:11 pm, edited 7/26/12 5:12 pm
Welcome to the forum Michele. I am also new to the forum. I have found this forum is really interesting and useful. In fact it is my first forum. I am a fitness trainer in New York. I love to help people for their fitness purpose.
never2late4change
on 7/26/12 9:28 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12
Hello there and welcome. I had my surgery on 7/18 and i also feel awesome. I am not in pain (except if i drimk too fast). I've been out walking and I feel fantastic. I am still getting used too tiny amounts of food making me feel STUFFED. Sometimes I wish I could have more. I suppose I have more head work to do but physically i am right where you are. Congratulations on your successes.

Nicole, Va Beach

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

southbay311
on 7/27/12 1:55 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Hi Michelle, congrats on your decision to have surgery and you will be feeling better with each passing day. I am 5.5 months out and cannot believe all the new energy that I feel every day.  I walk my precious Bella early in the morning and come home and clean the house. I actually washed my downstair floors twice in one week and vacuumed afterwards. I find myself looking for projects to keep busy and moving. I try walking Bella in the evenings but sometimes she doesn't want to go to the park and she pulls to go back home. 

This is the a wonderful new beginning and you will truly be amazed how life changing it is.

Nancy

PS Bella is a mini long haired dachshund who is the sweetest little girl around
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1345 views