Liver Issues Post OP

Kathryn B.
on 8/14/12 9:33 pm - Midwest City, OK
Questions for anyone/everyone.  I am about 6 and half year post op and receently had to undergo liver resection surgery for a gaint hemangiona.  I know this issue can be caused by bad genes, but I am also wondering if fatty liver can cause this or if any one else has had an experince with this post op.  I was at the starting of fatty liver issues before my banding and after losing the weight all liver checks came back ok but in the course of a little under 18 months I went from great to have issues with fatty liver, a hemangiona, and needing surgery to save my life otherwise I would have ended up with major health problems and possible liver failure.  I am three months post op from liver resection and on the mend but just full of questions.

Kat1313
on 8/15/12 3:43 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
I don't know if this can be a WLS related problem, but I have a friend at work who is tiny - like a size 4 all her life, eats health, etc., and she has a huge hemangioma on her liver.  They don't know what caused hers either. 
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/15/12 5:20 am
 it is my understanding that both being overweight and losing a lot of weight is hard on your liver.  hopefully someone who knows more about this will be along. 

wishing you the best!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1380 views