Ok...I really need to get something off my chest...(other than my bra!)

Miss_Kitty
on 8/13/12 8:33 pm - New Bedford, MA
I have not had WLS. I have lost over 100 lbs from being sick and had a panni removal.

Many people have asked me why I am on this site if I haven't had surgery (and I don't want it.) This site is ObesityHELP.com. It is for help dealing with obesity in every way, not just for those wanting or have had surgery.

True, surgery is primarily the main topic, but there are other boards on this site that deal with obesity in non-surgical ways too. You do not HAVE to have surgery to be a member of this site.

Just felt the need to clarify things. Thank you for listening.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Diabolique
on 8/13/12 9:17 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
First lets discuss getting bras off of our chests.  Mine got stuck in my hair earlier   I am sure that quite a few of you woman have experienced this.  A hot sweaty day and all you want to do is cool down, get naked and toss the boulder holder into the hamper. Low and behold the hook gets caught in your hair.  Your $30 bra has the nerve to get tangled in your $40 hair do!

That being said....

Miss_Kitty, congrats on your weight loss even though you were sick. I am sorry if people are questioning why you are here. To me any weight loss input is valuable.  After your amazing loss how did you tighten your skin?  Since you lost the weight due to illness how was your health after the weight loss?  I hope you are feeling better now and keep posting here.
Miss_Kitty
on 8/13/12 11:01 pm - New Bedford, MA
LOL! Yes I have had my bra get hooked in my hair...ouch!

I still have hanging skin on my arms, legs, and bra area. I still have a bit of a tummy even after the panni was removed because just the lower part was removed. I am still dealing with the top part of it

I am recovering from a bout with Sepsis and blood clots in the lungs. (neither are weight related.) My blood pressure is fine as well as my cholesteral, salt, sugar, etc.

Due to the Sepsis and blood clots, I have recently lost allot of my hair. I wear wigs to compensate for the loss.

Other than trying to recover , I am ok, I guess. Thank you.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 10:12 pm
 umm what is a panni?
Miss_Kitty
on 8/13/12 10:54 pm - New Bedford, MA
A panni removal is short for a panniculectomy. It is basicly an extreme tummy tuck. Since I lost weight, I had a huge hanging tummy. It caused a hernia in my belly button and the belly was pulling on it and making it painful. So I had 20 lbs of hanging tummy fat and skin removed. That is a "panni."

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 11:35 pm
Oh ok. That sounds so painful! How long did it takee to recover?
Miss_Kitty
on 8/13/12 11:43 pm - New Bedford, MA
I think it was 2010 when i had the panni. It does hurt, but not too bad. It still sometimes hurts today. The outside took a few weeks to heal. It is the tissue on the inside that takes the longest because they had to cut through alot of fat to get to the hernia.

If you google extreme panniculectomy pics, you can see basicly what it is. (you have to say "extreme" or you will get these skinny girls getting only a couple of inches removed.}

Neen L.
on 8/14/12 6:52 am - Arlington, VA
Please don't let anyone make you feel like you're not welcome. What you've done is a wonderful accomplishment and this site is intended to support anyone battling obesity.

And for what it's worth, seamless bras are the way to go! But I am pretty chest-less so I can get away with the bandeau.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

martitalinda
on 8/14/12 7:56 am
 As far as I am concerned when I post to people on this site I am only posting as another sista on the journey .... of life .... I had no idea that you did not have surgery and to be quite honest I really do not care who had surgery or not or what kind or surgery they had ... I equally support everyone and anyone who is striving for health and better quality/quantity of life in this struggle against obesity and its related diseases .... 

I am so sorry to hear that your weight loss was related to your being sick ... however congratulations on taking that loss and working towards getting better health-wise and running with it....  CONGRATS ON NOT GIVING UP!!! Keep on keeping on and taking care of yourself ... one.day.at.a.time .... you have been through a lot ... Do not be disturbed by hearsay ... YOU KNOW YOUR TRUTH!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

k9ophile
on 8/14/12 8:57 am
I sincerely hope this post was born out of the need to remind people that not everybody has surgery and not because someone told you that you don't belong here.  Everyone is different and has something to offer.

On the topic of weight loss due to illness:  it is not fun!  My doctor added two new medicines to my routine.  I was horribly ill until it got resolved.  I lost 35 pounds and it did something to my ability to walk.  It scared me ****less.  Once I quit the medicine that was causing all the trouble, it took a while to return what passed for normal at the time.  However, in the end it turned out to be to my ultimate benefit. My insurance has one of those clauses that required me to lose 10% of my weight. With the few I managed by "dieting" and this disaster, I was able to qualify for WLS. I repeat: going through it was horrifying.

Thank you for reminding all of us that we are all on our own journeys with improved health as the goal.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet