Help with the creep - Cross Post

heathermc44
on 8/22/12 5:20 pm - Bremerton, WA
I am 2 years out from surgery.  I lost a total of 74 pounds.  I was a lightweight to begin with.  My ultimate goal was 125, which I never made.  I did get as low as 131 and then have started gaining weight. Today I was up to 138 (BIG GULP).  I am only 5'2 so to just be in the normal BMI category I need to weigh 136.  I am 46.  At about 4 months post-op I got serious about exercising.  Back in November I hired a personal trainer to help me with lifting.  I've done a total of 15 sessions with her, over an 8 month span.   I typically lift 2 days a week and then do cardio 2-3 days a week for a total of 4-5 days a week of exercising.  My weight was pretty steady until about 3 months ago where it has slowly creeped up and all my efforts to stop the creep haven't worked. 

Two weeks ago I started journaling and I'm eating anywhere from 1000-1200 calories a day.  I've been staying at about 80-90 grams protein and 60-90 grams carbs.  I've cut way back on white stuff, no more bread, no more cereal and no more crackers.  My carbs are mainly coming from greek yogurt, cheese, fruits and veggies.  I have incredible restriction with dense protein and cannot eat more than 2-3 ounces of dense protein at a time.  I do have a protein shake most days because otherwise I can't meet my protein requirement.  I know my gain is legit because my pants are tighter.  Help!!  How do I stop this creep??  It has me freaked out because 5 pounds turns to 10 which then turns to 20!!

I also had a bod pod analysis done and my fat% was at 28%.  Which tells me I can lose more fat to get to a more healthy number.  This was my first bod pod so I don't have any numbers to compare.  However, when I was at a different gym they had one of those fancy scales that's supposed to be able to analyze your fat and the last time I had it done (which was a year ago) it said my body fat% was 32%.

How do I stop this creep? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FoodAbuser
on 8/22/12 6:56 pm
try to do a low fat adkins protien diet that will normally trigger some weight loss.
Mary Catherine
on 8/23/12 12:04 am
Weigh yourself every single day.  If you go up a pound, start working on losing it.  You are doing the right things.  Your RNY has a time release built in.  The intestines get more efficient at holding on to calories and it is NORMAL to gain about 20 pounds during the third year. So fight to not have that bounceback gain. The best way to fight regain is to stay aware and accountable.

Princess Brandy
on 8/23/12 3:46 am - PA
 Ack! I was a light weight as well and barely 5'3". I'll be so upset if I can't get to my ideal body weight after all I've gone through these past 3 months. I've only lost 28 pounds but I'm on TPN so I think they might be maintaining at this point.
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
Dragonryder2
on 8/23/12 7:16 am - NM
You might try an increase in your workouts.  I was walking 2-3 miles/6 days plus Zumba 5 days.  I am now walking another 2-3 miles in the evening.  It has started the weight loss again.  Perhaps you need to do the cardio a few minutes longer, I don't know.

Good Luck

Most Active