Looking for Low Carb High Protein meals (pre-made)

jarabacoagirl
on 8/25/12 12:48 pm, edited 8/25/12 12:49 pm
VSG on 12/17/12
I'm still preop but I'm thinking ahead here.  My scedule tends to be hectic and I'm definitely not a cook.  In fact i hate cooking.  Most of the time my husband and I eat premade meals.  (like Organic frozen dinners, Wegman's $6 meals, premade salads stuff like that, Trader Joe's premade meals etc.)  I am thinking way ahead here.  Obviously during the liquid, puree, soft food stages I'm going to have to prepare my own stuff.  But after that once on solid foods.  Does everyone on here really cook?  Are there any suggestions as far as premade frozen dinners that have high protein low carb?  I know South beach diet used to have them but I don't see them anymore in the grocery store.  Any suggestions?  I heard someone on here mention something about Eat Rite a mail order kind of thing but I see all there meats are made from soy and I can't have too very much soy.  So I'm looking for other suggestions.  I know I'm not the only one in the world that doesn't like to cook or have time to cook.  lol :-)

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

M M
on 8/25/12 2:24 pm
 I used "The Fresh Diet" for a trial period -- and I LOVED it.  It's super expensive, but perfectly portioned and awesome.
jarabacoagirl
on 8/25/12 2:58 pm
VSG on 12/17/12
Do you buy that online or in the grocery store?

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

M M
on 8/25/12 3:35 pm
 Online - though you wouldn't be able to stomach much of it for many months - 
SueBee01
on 8/25/12 6:24 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Lean Cuisine makes three really good ones that are under 200 calories. Just make sure you read their labels. They are part of their special cafe creations.
 Sue

Sabrina S.
on 8/25/12 6:59 pm
I like to have a marathon cooking day once a week and make stuff ahead for the week to come, not sure if that would work for you? I know bariatricchoice.com has some yummy stuff (wonderslim and bari-wise products- I know from preop eating I loved the vegetarian joe and spicy macaroni and beef
Sabrina
HW362 BS 323 CW318.6 GW180
RNY Surgery 8/21/12

MsBatt
on 8/26/12 11:26 am
You really should learn to cook. Cooking at home will allow you to eat healthier, tastier meals, for a lot less money.

I really don't understand how people get by without cooking at home, especially post-op. Pre-made foods are so full of carbs and sodium, I just don't know how anyone manages. Buy a crock-pot, a roaster/broiler pan, a baking dish. Buy a spice rack, and start growing an herb garden.

Post-op eating can be a lot more fun than pre-op eating ever was---if you learn how to do it RIGHT. (*grin*)

RHCP
on 8/27/12 7:23 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
I HATED cooking.. hence why I was so over-weight eating out all the time and all the pre-made foods.

You may have to have a funeral for your pre-made foods- in a pinch your fine but honestly you need to learn to cook- and cooking meat is quick and easy. You need those dense proteins and nothing is better than a fresh piece of meat or fish. I have finally mastered my steaks and still getting my chicken down- I couldn't tolerate chicken for the fist 8 months!  I broil a big piece of marinated steak in about 15 min and have plenty of extra for a few meals. ( I understand most people can not tolerate beef-I am one of the lucky ones who can not get enough!) It's quick and easy and always tastes so much better than any pre-made stuff!

I used to hate cooking- but now I enjoy it-I won't say LOVE BC that's a lie- but I do enjoy it now and also it's so much cheaper!!

jarabacoagirl
on 8/27/12 7:54 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I doubt I'll ever enjoy it.  It takes too long.  I used to do it a little more when I wasn't heavy and healthier and had more energy. (I actually gain all this weight really fast due to a very stressful situation in my life I wasn't always fat.  I gained like 150 lbs in 4 years.)  But nothing came out right or it would take like 3 days to make somehting that did come out right.  I'm majorly slow with it.  (Even those meals online that say takes 15 mins or less.  Well someone else's 15 minutes is my 2 or 3 hours.  lol   That's the problem and I don't have time or patience for it.  
As far as beef I can't digest it.  I hope my sleeve will tolerate chicken otherwise I'll get sick of eating fish everyday. 

jarabacoagirl
on 8/27/12 7:55 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I wish I could afford to higher a cook.  :-)