getting resleeved

mrios1029
on 11/20/12 10:52 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Hello , Im getting resleeved Dec 19. Has anybody been resleeved and lost weight ? I had my first surgery March of 2009 lost about 60 lbs. From the beginning I always felt I could eat more than other people that had three surgery . I had an endoscopy and an upper gi. This showed I have an enlarged fundus. Due to me having the first surgery in Mexico , doctors in the US wouldn't help ne until I found a very nice doctor that saw me and was willing to do the revision .I'm a little worried since this doctor has done many revisions but no resleeving . Second I'm concern that I won't loose any weight . I stopped losing after 6 months if having my surgery . And now I'm constantly hungry . Anybody here been resleeved ?
acbbrown
on 11/20/12 12:35 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I havent heard of anyone who has been re-sleeved. Ive only read that it can be a little bit of a dangerous procedure. Have you considered instead a revision to a DS instead?

As for your fear of whether or not you will lose weight, that result is entirely up to you. Regardless of the size of your stomach, you will still be responsible for the quality and quantity of food you put in your mouth, and the amount of exercise you get. The sleeve is merely a tool - it shouldn't be used as a primary tool for weight loss - you need to make a life style change to the point where even if you didnt have the sleeve, youd still be able to maintain. Im 17 mo post VSG, and if I wanted to, I could put away a serious amount of ffood in any given day but I have to chose NOT to. 

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery - i will definitely be interested in following your surgery to see how it goes!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

poet_kelly
on 11/20/12 9:26 pm - OH

I would be very hesitant to have a surgeon do a procedure he'd never done before on me.  I think I would also consider revising to the DS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 11/21/12 4:03 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I second the idea of looking into the DS.  Your body may need more of a metabolic change than just eating less. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mrios1029
on 11/21/12 6:34 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12

The doctor I chose has done a lot of revisions but not sleeve to sleeve.  He did say if he couldnt for any reason he would do the bypass.  I can't do the DS because my insurance won't pay for it. 

MsBatt
on 11/23/12 12:38 am

Appeal your insurance company's decision---they can often be overturned. If a restriction-only surgery didn't work for you the first time, what makes you think it will the second time around?

And it sounds to ME like he fully intends to go into surgery planning on doing the bypass. After all, it's in his skill set. (*grin*) Then, you wake up and he says "Oops, sorry, couldn't do the resleeve, went with bypass instead."

If you WANT a bypass, fine. Just be aware that the malabsorption of CALORIES goes away in 18-24 months, but you'll malabsorb vitamins and minerals for the rest of your life.

sam1am
on 11/22/12 12:03 am

Honestly, I would run.  This would be a very sensitive surgery and to be his first?  Never.  I would think that you would be almost guaranteed an RNY.  I would serious run and fast.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/22/12 1:28 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Member Amai has been resleeved by Dr Gagner. I would not trust anyone who has not done it before to do something like this. Go to an expert. Good luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/12 9:18 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Mrios1029

If you truly have a large amount of fundus left, you can be resleeved because you are supposed to have almost all of that removed!

Member KimChee has been resleeved, see her thread here

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4272889/Re-sleeved-I-now-have-a-true-sleeve/

She used Dr. Aceves for her re-sleeve because he is experienced with doing it.

On another forum I'm on called VerticalSleeveTalk, there is a member there named aceves_soon who got re-sleeved a couple of months ago because her surgeon also left her a huge sleeve. She says she can feel a large difference and it's a lot better.

She ALSO used Dr. Aceves!! If you are going to get re-sleeved, please consider Dr. Aceves!!

Most Active