Seven 1/2 Week Post-op Question

fatfifty
on 1/31/13 10:08 am
RNY on 12/10/12

High everybody,

I am 7 1/2 weeks post op and I only lost two pounds last week.  Is this normal so soon after surgery.   Is it because I went to full diet and actually ate solid food?  Will it pick back up?

I don't mean to sound in a panic, but I am nervous.

Thanks

Marietta in MO

Marietta in MO : Highest weight: 267, Before Surgery and Pre-Op diet; 254.6  

Valerie G.
on 1/31/13 11:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You will have several ebbs, flows and stalls along the way...perfectly normal

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Eggface
on 1/31/13 5:14 pm, edited 1/31/13 5:14 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

It is very typical. Your body is just realizing its not going to get the same fuel (food & drink) it's used to so it's going to try and hold on for dear life to the fuel (fat) it has in stores. It can't last given the input but it is frustrating. It'll happen a few times as you are in the losing phase. I had one that lasted a month. Toss the scale for a bit, work on the stuff you can control, changing your lifestyle (protein, moving, water, vits, head)

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

MinnieMouse1
on 1/31/13 10:52 pm
RNY on 12/06/12

I had a "stall" for three weeks.  From 5 weeks post op to Yesterday.  Yesterday I was down 2 pounds and today 2 more.  Hang in there.  It starts moving again!!! :)

fatfifty
on 2/1/13 3:47 am
RNY on 12/10/12

Wow, thanks everybody.  I had read about the stalls, but had no idea they happened this early into the game.  If this had started at five weeks, I probably would have been in a panic.  Thank goodness you are moving along again.  I feel better and great advice.  I will just leave the scales alone for while and keep on increasing the exercise.

Thanks again

Marietta in MO : Highest weight: 267, Before Surgery and Pre-Op diet; 254.6  

Most Active