I have a question????

MS.LISA
on 5/30/13 12:14 pm - Salem, OR

I had VSG  2 1/2 years ago and lost all of my weight about 100lbs and that put me into early menopause, I also had my gall bladder out and, then about 6 months ago i started letting carbs back in and I have gained back 50lbs back!!! SOOOOO upset with myself,

I just had a upper GI cause I have terrible bile coming up into my lungs while im sleeping, about a week later I started getting this pain on my left side of my stomach and I would say about 3 inch from my belly button, and it comes on when I push like to go to the bathroom.

Its kinda like the pain that you get when your gallbladder is bad, I went to the dr and they think its a strained mussel , I think there wrong cause its not going away and its been a month now, and its not getting better, and I dont know if this would be related but I started bleeding and I havent had my period in over a year??? 

I was wondering if anyone would know what this could be?? Thank you reading and Oh ya, im 45 years old

VSG on 06/12/13

Have they evaluated you for diverticulitis? I had it in 2008 and it was painful, although it got worse over the course of a day, not a month.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Laura in Texas
on 5/31/13 1:12 am

Could it be a hernia?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MS.LISA
on 5/31/13 1:19 pm - Salem, OR

it could be a hernia I have never had one i wonder how do they check that

MS.LISA
on 5/31/13 2:09 pm - Salem, OR

it could be a hernia I have never had one i wonder how do they check that

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/31/13 9:01 pm - Burleson, TX

If the hernia is large enough, the physician might be able to palpate from the outside, with you lying flat on your back. It also might be detectable on a sonogram/CT scan/MRI. Unfortunately, some hernias are small (thought the HURT is big!), and are difficult to detect...

Adhesions COULD be another possible cause of the pain you describe..

Rapid weight loss/gain can play all kinds of havoc with hormones, which, in turn can really jack up menopause /perimenpause/postmenopause..A blood test, of your hormone levels, should be a simple enough test to shed light on that question..

I hope your pain source gets answered REAL soon. Not knowing is the worst. I look forward to seeing what your results are!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views