Heard from the surgeon's office yesterday

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/8/13 11:33 am - VA

Some of you may recall my recent post about my return to the wls community. I finally heard back from the surgeon's office yesterday about my requirements for having the sleeve. The woman I spoke to said that my psych eval had expired 2 weeks prior to me calling them (was good for 1 year) so I had to have another one. I was lucky enough to get an appt for this Thursday! I also have to have another NUT and surgeon consult since I am switching surgeries. Then we will submit to insurance! Last time I was approved same day so hopefully I won't have to wait that long. After that, my preop testing and diet and then my surgery!!! I'm so excited!!!

WannaWeighLess
on 6/8/13 12:09 pm - PA

Congratulations! I'm in the process of making all these appointments myself. If you don't mind my asking, which surgery did you switch from and why did you chose the sleeve?

Nita

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/8/13 12:19 pm - VA

I was originally going to have the RNY last summer but something came up 2 weeks before surgery. I recently resolved my issues and after further research I decided that I no longer wanted my intestines rerouted and think I can be just as successful with the sleeve. :)

WannaWeighLess
on 6/10/13 6:23 am - PA

OK. From what I read, I know you can. Best wishes!