Feel like crying :( (X-Posted)

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/26/13 7:29 pm - VA

I had my endoscopy/colonoscopy today. The Dr found "red spots" on my stomach lining. Turns out they are precursors to stress induced ulcers. Well duh! I have a 3 year old with autism, a husband who is in constant pain everyday of his life but can't get disability cuz the Dr can't find the cause of the pain, I have both ovaries "full" of very painful cysts, I just lost my job and can't even afford my psych eval. There is literally 50 dollars standing between me and my surgery!! All of this is just piling up on me and makes me feel like I'm suffocating. I'm losing so much sleep and I don't know how much more I can take before they are going to have to put me in the nut house! :'(          

poet_kelly
on 6/26/13 7:49 pm - OH

That sounds really stressful.

Are you sure this is the best time for you to have surgery?  I'm sure getting the weight off and getting healthier physically would be a good thing for you, especially with a small child who is probably very active.  but if things are so tight financially, are you going to be able to afford all your supplements and follow up appointments and stuff at this point in time?

Does your husband's doctor say he is disabled?  If he is in constant pain and unable to work, he should be able to get disability even without knowing the cause of the pain.  It may just take longer.  He may get turned down the first time or two, but that happens to many people even with a firm diagnosis.

In the meantime, are you seeing a counselor or someone to help you deal with all this stress?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shoutjoy
on 6/26/13 7:55 pm - Culpeper, VA

Sorry you are having these issues.  Just know you are not alone.  Many of us face these medical and financial issues and well... it's kinda nice to know you are not alone.  I know that sometimes I feel like I'm going to go nuts but I have faith and I know that:

Tomorrow will take care of itself so why go there.

My strengths are found in my weaknesses.

So, hang in there and try to force yourself not to worry because it won't change a thing.  Tall order, I know. But we have to fight and keep ourselves strong.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Mo Diggity
on 6/27/13 2:42 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I'm not really sure what to say about The weight loss surgery, other than I'm sure everything will fall into place !! I'm writing because of what you said about your husband being in pain but they can't find the cause of it. You didn't go into detail, so I'm not sure, but have you or the docs looked into Fibromyalgia ?? My husband's doc diagnosed him with it and he also is in pain every day. It is known for widespread pain, but no inflammation so it's hard to diagnose......Check out this link !!  And Good Luck ;)   

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-do-i-know-if-i-have-fibromyalgia.html

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

hollykim
on 6/27/13 4:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Hang in there everything WILL work out for your good. it is promised and you can take that to the bank.

How is your dr planning to treat stress induced ulcers?

Ingrid K.
on 6/28/13 9:43 am - Canada
My heart goes out to you. I would feel very overwhelmed too. I will be sending good thoughts your way. Hang in there.