5 years out RNY, how much do you weigh?

nicole u
on 6/27/13 3:36 am - holbrook, NY
Revision on 12/01/08 with

Hello all!!

I don't know if any of you remember me, but I have been a part of the boards since 2004.  I had the lapband in 2004 and had that removed in 2008 and had the bypass two months later.  I never dropped weight like many of the rest of you. It took me a long time to get to my goal weight.  I did finally make it down to 143.  Over the past year, I gained back up to 192.  I started dieting 2 1/2 weeks ago and I am down to 182 so 10 pounds in 18 days isn't so bad!  I'll take it!!  I want to get back to my 143 again!  I know I can lose 39 pounds, hell I've already lost 116.  

My question is for the veterans out there.  Have you stayed at goal, or have u gained like I have?  I am so concerned that I am going to continue with bad habits forever, I have to realize that certain things are "treats."  

Id love to hear your stories!!

Thanks,

Nicole

298/182/143
Surgery/ Current/ Goal

poet_kelly
on 6/27/13 3:38 am - OH

I"m a little over 4.5 years out.  Two days ago at my PCP's office I weighed in at 142.  My goal weight was 140.  At my lowest, I was down to 122.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Don 1962
on 6/27/13 9:01 am

My lowest was 165, from 331, but that was after my gall bladder was removed at 18 months post-op RNY.  At five years post op I still stay within 170-175 range.  I weigh daily and do my damnedest to "live right" to keep from getting above the 175.  Little paranoid about regain am I?

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

berilynn44
on 6/27/13 12:17 pm - MN

I had a roux en y about 4 and a half years ago.  My lowest weight was 131 and now I am 161.  My highest was 166.  I started counting calories again and within 3 days am at 161. I have only had issues gaining in the last 6 to 7 months.  Right now I am having issues with my stomach.  I was in last week for an upper gi and found out I have a slow dumping stomach (motility).  I am going in in the morning for an endoscopy.  We could be weight loss buddies and work on this together if you would like.  I also weigh myself every day to stay on track.

datorres
on 6/27/13 4:57 pm
I'll be 5 years out in September, my starting weight was 278 my current weight is 150 and my lowest maintained weight was 140. I did gain up to 160 but went back to basics recently.
SandieMc49
on 6/27/13 10:35 pm

I'm almost 5 years out.  My goal weight was 148 - at my PCP's the other day, I was 150.6.  She said I had lost weight from the last time I was there - really?  That kind of tickled me.  Although my goal weight was 148, I actually had lost down to the high 130s originally and people (including me and my PCP) thought I looked too gaunt.  My body seems happy at around 150 - and I'm fine with that - but I get on the scale just to keep me in tune with reality. 

I NEVER want to diet again!  Instead, I want to be AWARE of what I'm eating and why. 

Good luck, Nicole - you can do it!

Sandie

TXKashmir
on 6/28/13 2:33 am - Grand Prairie, TX

I will be five years out in November. My goal was 160 - I haven't weighed in a long time, but am pretty sure I'm still right around that weight. My lowest was 127, but that was definitely too low. I don't "diet", but I try to make mostly good choices with a treat now and then. Mobility issues keep me from exercising, so I have to be a bit more diligent in the food department than most. You can do this - good luck!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/13 5:50 am

Maybe it would have been just convenient to no go under the knife and wear shapewear instead.

cajungirl
on 6/28/13 6:03 am

I had one small bump above my goal (7 lbs) 3 years out and made an effort to change that immediately.  Since then I've remained below goal (8 years out).

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

gailcats
on 6/28/13 11:59 pm
RNY on 08/12/09 with
I am almost four years out. Started at 306 and got down to 200 but never reached goal at 180. Past year and a half climbed back up to 250. Need to stop the carbs but am having trouble. Was thinking ant the five day diet. Can someone let me know if they tried it and it works.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1403 views