Ranting a little......

huskerfan85
on 7/22/13 8:50 am - Colorado Springs, CO

Due to being over 50 my doc told me I had to have a baseline colonoscopy.  So I made the appointment, Followed all of the rules...which were low fiber diet with white meat chicken for day 1 day 2 and 3 were clear liquids only with some huge doses of miralax thrown in.  But he I thought no big deal it would help with the weight loss.  So I get on the scale after doing clear liquids for 2 days and danged if I hadn't gained 6 pounds...how the heck did that happen...my clear liquids were PowerZero, and some low sodium chicken broth.  So I show up for my appointment today and the nurse tells me I have an irregular heartbeat and murmur...my reply was really I have never been told that ever in all of my procdures...he then tells me well your electrolytes could be off. Then I was asked about meds I take, and due to low potassium, I take potassium daily, so this was a red flag to them, after hooking me up to a 3 lead EKG I even heard the irregular beat, so my procedure was canceled until we can get an answer on the heartbeat...I just find it strange that my mother who is 77 years old and takes meds for her irregular heart beat had a colonoscopy with no issues but mine was canceled, and no there were not at the same facility.

My biggest rant though is who the heck gains 6 pounds on a clear liquid diet?

Gayle  6'2" 

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 9:01 am

me me me lol !cool   its like totally not cool but i gained tons of weight off the ivs at the hospital ... STARVING like MARVIN .. how gosh darn Ironic  GRRRRR blush

huskerfan85
on 7/22/13 9:21 am - Colorado Springs, CO

well so sorry it happened to you but so glad to know I am not alone. LOL

Gayle  6'2" 

Tracy D.
on 7/22/13 10:03 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Miralax + lots of liquids can also equal weight gain.  Miralax hangs onto the liquid to make the stools softer.  Every time I take the stuff I either stall or gain.  Rest assured that it's water weight you gained...it's not fat!  Within a couple days you'll see the change on the scale.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

martitalinda
on 7/23/13 10:56 pm

Sorry you went through are going through this Gayle .. I hope the issues with your heartbeat are addressed and you can safely proceed to re-scheduling your colonoscopy.... Not to worry about the retained water weight ... in a few days it will be right back down... ((((hugs))))

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1383 views