Why you can't treat an RNY like a DS ( its actually a GOOD thing ! )

cajungirl
on 8/17/13 9:14 am
Did you fall out of a tree on your head? I'm glad you gummy Flintstones have worked for you so far and if it continues good for you. The MAJORITY of RNYers take a hell of a lot more than that. In fact for me I take 19 vitamins PER DAY to keep my labs up.

The RNY worked for me and I'm thankful and grateful but it ISN'T for everyone and I commend every individual that does their research and finds their best chance if controlling obesity.

I'm in awe most days for how many RNYers that have no damn idea of what they are getting into or what they need to do to lose weight and keep it off.

Btw can you provide a study that says we maintain 30% fat malabsorption for life? I'd like to read that study. Also are you aware that statics show that long term diabetes doesn't stay in remission for many RNYers? There are a few new studies that have been done recently.

What was your point in this post? Only thing you are accomplishing is to stir **** Good Lord women will you ever learn!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

norahs_here
on 8/17/13 12:16 pm

This is the reason this place is like a ghost town.  You are spewing **** that is no where near the truth!!  I just feel sorry for people on here that actually BELIEVE the **** you are feeding them.  Most of the people responding to you in this post are being far too nice to you.  EDUCATE yourself so you can quit looking like complete moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Never regret something that once made you smile~~

Sharon  (norah's spelled backwards!)
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/13 3:32 pm, edited 8/17/13 3:36 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/13 9:03 pm, edited 8/17/13 9:03 pm

Agreed !  I don't know what it is about surgeon recommended chewable vitamins and following a surgeon recommended lowfat diet  post op that gets posters here into  a tizzy ... but it SEEMS to .

I can only post about what actually works for me .  Thank God SOMETHING does ( I well remember many years of weight frustration and ever declining health and mobility pre op  ) 

noftessa0401
on 8/18/13 3:49 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/27/12
I'm confused. You are defending your surgeon *****commends "chewable vitamins.". There is nothing wrong with chewable vitamins. Centrum Silver, for one, is an excellent, COMPLETE, chewable multivitamin. Flintstones vitamins are not complete and not recommended by a majority of respected surgeons. Is Flintstones better than nothing? Maybe, provided the person taking them understands that what they are taking is NOT complete, and even though they faithfully take their vitamins every day, they could still end up with serious vitamin deficiencies.

I'm not going to comment on your "holier-than thou low fat vs non fat" argument because I think you are wrong and look at data that only support your viewpoint.

HW: 274 | SW: 232 | CW: 137 | Goal: 145 (ticker includes a 42 pound loss pre-op) | Height: 5'4"

M1: -24 (205) | M2: -14 (191) | M3: -11 (180) | M4: -7 (173) | M5: -7 (166) | M6: -8 (158) | M7: -11 (147) | M8: -2 (145) | M9: -3 (142) | M10: -2 (140) | M11: -4 (136) | M12: -2 (134) | M13: -0 (134) | M14: -3 (131) | M15: +4 (135) | M16: +2 (137)

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/13 9:08 am

He actually SPECIFICALLY recommens flintstones sour gummy bear chewable kids vites

MsBatt
on 8/22/13 2:39 am

Certain vitamin deficiencies can cause mental disorders.

Just sayin'.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/23/13 3:07 pm

Hmm. Especially some of the b vitamins, which RNY recipients have to be mindful of. 

Food for thought for others reading this often illogical posting history, and researching surgeries. 

Julie R.
on 8/18/13 7:45 am - Ludington, MI

Curiouscat....there is no DS requirement that one MUST eat beef, bacon and sausage.  We do not need to sign a contract promising that we will eat fried foods.   This concept is perpetuated through these boards ad nauseum.   I, for one, DO like bacon, beef and sausage, but I also adore grilled chicken, steamed shrimp, and baked fish.   I also enjoy nuts, grapeseed and olive oil, coconut oil and other "healthy" (for non-DS'ers) fats.   If I don't eat fresh vegetables every day, I get nervous.  Actually, there is growing evidence that a low fat diet is UNNECESSARY for anyone for losing or maintaining weight.    Europeans laugh at us.  

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-fats/

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/13 8:59 am, edited 8/18/13 9:23 am

YEP . Ure VERY rightthat they DO   LAUGH ( and NOt kindly or sympathetcally )   What Europeans see is a nation of virtual retards  addictedto over 4 HOURS of unbeliveably STOOOPID TV per day .. who  are KILLING themselves with GORGING .. who don't know the FIRST thing about geography or history ...

Most Active