how to gain weight

allendawson
on 12/30/13 7:44 pm

One of my cousin has lost her weight and she is very thin now. Please give some suggestions for gain some weight.

poet_kelly
on 12/30/13 8:30 pm - OH

Is she being treated by a doctor?  If she is severely underweight, she should be. He doctor can advise her but in general, to gain weight, she'll need to take in more calories.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kate -True Brit
on 12/30/13 8:42 pm - UK

Up the calories. Unless there is a medical problem, it really is that smple.  I just went from fat free to half fat milk, put butter on my veggies again, had sauces with meat etc.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Laura in Texas
on 12/30/13 9:57 pm

Did she have weight loss surgery? If so, which one? How long ago was the surgery? Is she actually too thin or are people just not used to seeing her thinner?? For most of us, by year 3 this is not a problem.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mary Gee
on 12/30/13 10:18 pm

If she's concerned about it, she should see her doctor.  I assume she's an adult and can take care of herself.  Maybe you just have to get used to her not being overweight?  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, depending on how you look at it) we cannot make people do something they don't want to do.  I'm sure if your cousin is suffering from the effects of being underweight, she would speak with her doctor about it - maybe she already is under her doctor's care but hasn't shared that information with you.  All you can do is voice your concern and tell her you're there to help her if she needs support.

Still learning.  Currently in pre-op stage.

Most Active