WEDNESDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 12/31/13 10:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Hope everyone is looking forward to the New Year.    Personally I am thrilled.     To me the new year offers us all new hope.    The slate from last year is wiped clean.    Now we can move forward fresh and new !!   I am so grateful that this year I am on blood pressure meds and hopefully stress will not get to me like it did in 2013.    Grateful for my family, friends, health, WLS, my weight that I have kept off now for going on 8 yrs.    Grateful for my Faith in God, that I can get back on track with my eating and do well.    Grateful that everyday when we wake up we have a second chance at our life and eating healthy.    Grateful for support groups, Obesity Help and all the amazing people here on this site.     Have a super blessed new year and a amazing day !!  PLEASE share if you will what you are grateful for today.   Have a blessed day !!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Dulcilady
on 1/2/14 6:30 am - Howell, MI

Hi Vivian,  I had my RnY almost 14.5 years ago.  I have kept most of my weight off but in the last year have gained 20 lbs.  There are reasons for stress for me.  My 88 yr old Mom has lived with my husband and I for 10 yrs with Alzheimers and I am her caretaker.  This is my life but God has blessed me with lots of people who come my way.  I told Him that if He still wants me to do stuff for Him, He'll have to bring it to me, because 5 out of 7 days I'm home.  So that is exactly what He has done and I now have a group of ladies who comes to my home for Bible Study.  A group of couples, 16 people, who come once a wk for a Small Group my husband and I do life with from our church.  I play and teach folk instruments such as hammered and mt. dulcimers.  Now, people are coming here for lessons.  So, my life is getting full again.  With that, my spirit dances more.  When that happens, it is easier for me to eat right and exercise consistantly.  My goal is to get healthier this year by eating what I know nourishes my body and to move my body purposefully for 1 hour, 5 days a week.  I was a Support Group Leader for Barix Center and loved it.  Worked at the hospital as a Patient Counselor for a couple of years.  I enjoyed so much helping others.  It helped me stay on track for sure.  I miss that.  Thank you for what you do.  My plan is to be on this forum as part of what I am doing to be purposeful about getting back on track.  How do you become a Forum Support Group Leader?  Blessings on you for the New Year and I hope to hear from you.

Vivian Prouty
on 1/2/14 9:49 am - Fort Worth, TX

Hi WOW you do have a very full life.   I'm not a support group leader for the forums but for Obesity help itself.   You apply to Cathy Wilson.   [email protected].    She is a amazing woman.    You can do online support groups ( that would be perfect for you it seems ) or do physical ones.   I do the physical meetings.    I have been a group leader for I believe about 4 yrs.   I absolutely love doing it although my group isn't really very big...at one time it was really big and we had to find another location and it got small ( guess people didn't want to drive that far...it was about 10 miles from other location ).   You have to do training through Obesity Help and then you have requirements to fill ( one is post on the boards at least 3 times a week ).   I do 5 times on 6 or 7 different forums here.   It's very rewarding.   Good luck to you and I will keep you in my prayers.   God will surely bless you for all your doing for you Mom and trust me you will never regreat it.   Have a blessed evening.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1542 views