Año Viejo ... Old Year .. ADIOS!!!!

martitalinda
on 12/31/13 4:55 am

Año Viejo ... Old Year ... you brought me loss, tears, love and laughter ... bittersweet memories, challenges, growth, WTH moments and YAY is me memories ... I bid you goodbye ... you were not so nice at times ... I would love to have my sister Mela back however you have taught me to strive to be the best now big sister to my sister Rosie and my brother Bobbie .. the best auntie to Iriana and Ariza and the best mom to Kenny and Candie... following in her footsteps and with my own shortcomings.  You hit me with some traumatic experiences had me hanging by the skin of my teeth ... I held on to my mustard seed of faith balanced with happy moments in between and hard as it was at times sometimes I kept on laughing even when inside I was crying and never once you caught me 'cursing my fire' for I heard the sermon loud and clear 'don't curse your fire - there is victory in the valley' I am taking that word and running with it into the New Year... 2014 I AM READY!!! Wearing my signature hairstyle I am breakin' ready... let's go!!!

YUP 2014 I am ready ... first big celebration after New Years Day will by my 7th Surgiversary on 2/5/14 ... can't wait ... because I plan on keeping the giant of morbid obesity under my feet ... one day, one choice at a time ... embracing Joy and making it happen to me in spite of.... These are SNIPPETS of MY journey.... thanks for allowing me to share....

My before is still me ... that fat woman is still very much me ... her deliverance is my release and my rerlease is her deliverance ... with a tool, lifestyle changes and incorporating a few rules adding exercise and healthy habits to the mix ... we are keeping the giant under our feet indeed... definitely not cursing my fire.... Last post for 2013 WOOT! I made it!!!...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Valerie G.
on 12/31/13 7:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Happy new year to you, too, my lovely!

This sista loves you!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

martitalinda
on 12/31/13 7:24 am

Love ya right back Val ... Happy New Year to you too my lovely DS sista!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1480 views