billmacc7
on 12/31/13 12:43 pm - MA

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
203: Weigh In 12/21/13
205: This Week 12/28/13 -->2 lb up BMI=30

141 Total Weight Loss

Well, Just realized I recently passed my 3 year Surgiversary. I wanted to say THANKS to all those on this site for your help. I usually log on here and check out a couple of forums in no particular order: RNY; General; Exercise and Fitness; and Men. All have helped me in this journey. A brief description is the Good, Bad, and Ugly:

Good-So many I could type a novel!! But just a couple: Losing and Maintaining a 140 lb loss from a high of 346 to present of 205; 75% Excess Weight Loss; Clothes-Shirts XXXL to L; Pants 48 to 34; Shoe size to regular, not extra wide: Being able to...Tie my shoes without feeling like I am going to pass out; plane ride w/ no belt; go on any amusment rides; Exercise becoming a part of my life to include running 5K's, 10k's and even a 1/2 Marathon; Having a positive effect on my family as my wife and 3 kids have all lost weight and all see the value of eating and exercising!; being able to look in the mirror and not be repulsed by my body

Bad-Maintenance which is exeedingly harder than I thought it would be; vitamins, take them religiously but can be a hassle at times; not drinking with meals, still have to focus on that; not being able to take NSAIDS; regretting not getting WLS before I was mid 40s lot of years of suffering...

Ugly-Man v Food, it is no just a tv show but my life, Food used to be my best friend but now is a nemesis

That all being said, having WLS is the BEST thing I have ever done. Today, at 46 I am overall healthier than I have ever been!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

AnneGG
on 12/31/13 10:22 pm

Oh, my, I am 3 ½ years out, and resonate with everything you said! What a journey, huh?!? I would do my surgery again in a nanosecond, and am grateful for my small tummy, but oh, man, this takes work! I've finally gotten into a groove with food, exercise, and vitamins, which helps. I don't recognize myself outside or inside from pre-surgery days.

Here's to us and a successful New Year!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Dan M.
on 12/31/13 11:33 pm - Stone Ridge, VA

Happy New Year!   What a great jounery!  I just started mine,  I am a little over a month out.  Thanks for sharing. 

Pre-op:  Lost 60 pounds
RYN Surgery on 11/19/2013 

onelilbirdie
on 12/31/13 11:44 pm
Bill, It so Great to hear from people who are sticking to their program, despite a few areas that might be challenging. Thanks for inspiration! Have a wonderful and healthy new year! All the best!

catasteams
on 1/1/14 4:12 am - Big Lake, MN

Congratulations on your success.  I just had my 4 yr surgical anniversary and I am very happy with the results of my surgery.  Happy New Year and blessings to you as you continue in your journey.

Carol

Most Active