left shoulder pain after leak repair

mlnkim
on 1/1/14 11:14 am
I am 3 months post op vsg. I had leak complications at 2.5 weeks which was repaired via endoscopy and antibiotics. A few weeks ago I noticed the left shoulder pain come back and called my surgeon. He rushed me infor another endoscopy. thesurgeon said that the leak looked fine but gave me an extra stitch just in case. That was 3 weeks ago. I am still having shoulder pain. I know my shoulder pain is related to my diaphragm but I don't understand what the problem is? It is not excruciating and only shows up when I'm lying down or eating. Has anyone had this problem and should I expect it to go away?
mlnkim
on 1/3/14 5:32 pm
Can anyone see this? I don't know if I did this wrong since im not getting a reply?
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/4/14 7:24 am - OH

You are probably not getting any responses because leaks are quite rare, so probably no one reading the post has been through this (and certainly no one can tell you when or if you should expect it to go away... Only your doctor can tell you that).

It sounds like you need to contact your surgeon again and be specific about when it does and doesn't happen and see what he says.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active