Hi Im New

moonandstarzz
on 1/1/14 3:02 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Hi My name is Nina. Im 32 (about to be 33 in feb) I had originally had the lapband done aug 2008 but was not successful and due to complications I had to had it removed and did a revision from band to bypass just 2 wks ago on Dec 18th. Little background, when I went for band surgery I was 323 and got down to 313 surgery day, lowest I got to was around 260ish, No matter what I would get stuff every time I ate and get sick (no matter the fill amt in). It also caused my esophogus (however u spell it lol) to start closing up, well I had another child back 12-18-12 and it was very rough that time cause of being so big, not to mention Im gonna have to have knee replacement surgery, hip surgery and eventually back surgery, but drs are putting them off due to my age. Ive always wanted the weight off but nothing helped. Well when I finally got insurance again (do to being disabled) I went back to my dr and tried a fill and nothing helped. Well we talked about my health issues (i had already had heart issues in past and once was diabetic) and we agreed that I needed to revise. We chose the bypass over the sleeve cause I really need to get the weight off and felt like it was a better option with my history. At dr office I weighed 327 and got down to 317 for surgery day, I went into hospital on my sons 1st bday on 12-18-13 and had the lapband removed and revised to the bypass. Recovery has been pretty good, only issue with removal was they had to cut my stomach muscle where the hooks on the port is cause they could not get it to detach like it should have. But havent touched pain meds or anything since 3 days out. So far my scale says Ive lost about 17 lbs (will know for sure on tuesday when I go for my 2 wk checkup). I look forward to getting to know all of yall. Happy New Years

nuleaseonlife
on 1/1/14 8:30 am

Welcome congrats ....Happy New Year .... and Happy Early Birthday....good to hear and thanks for advise again on the clear liquids....

I do beleive this bolg will be very helpful....thank you guys....

moonandstarzz
on 1/1/14 8:38 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

No problem on the advice :)  And I am sure this group is gonna be extremely helpful with both of our journeys. Theres a lady on here I follow her blog you might want to look into on it cause she is a fellow rny patient and has the best recipes (im currently eating her chili recipe for my first day of pureed foods) her site is

theworldacorrdingtoeggface.com   she is on here her id is eggface i believe. I think her thing will help u also