curious

mollymcb
on 1/2/14 8:22 am - TX
I am now 5 days post op I know my new tummy is still probably swollen.but I'm curious when do we start feeling hungry? And when I drink like 1 tablespoon of what ever I hurt does that mean I'm full? Cuz I really have no idea! I have not had any trouble with sick tummy or vomiting Thank god..it's really nice not craving...Also I walked around walmart with my oldest daughter today was checking out xmas 75% off sale by time we got finished shopping I was pooped out! Do I start walking this early out? And if so how long. .. Thanks have a wonderful evening
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/2/14 9:17 am - OH

Some people feel hungry within just a few weeks after surgery; some people never feel physical hunger again.  People often seem to find that it takes well over a month, sometimes a couple of months.

No, a single tablespoon of liquid is NOT filling you up!  The pain is likely simply because you are healing.

You need to follow your doctor's instructions on what kind of physical activity you can do at my point in time. Most surgeons encourage you to walk as much as you can from the very day you have surgery. It's very normal to get tired very quickly after surgery. Your body has been through a lot and is trying to heal, PLUS you are giving it no nutrition to get energy from.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lmsypherd
on 1/2/14 10:36 am

We have the same surgeon so we should be on the same plan.   I had surgery 12/02/13 I had to sip sip sip for a couple weeks, I would always sip just a little bit more to test to see if it ached.  Now I can drink up pretty good.  They tell us that we need to walk at least 30 minutes, I walked somedays more that others. Early on, the more active I was my left side would ache pretty bad the next day so then I would take a break.  I also drank one Isopure a day to give me more energy, it helped out a lot with being pooped.

Valerie G.
on 1/2/14 9:26 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Try different temperatures of liquids and see if that helps.  Something warmer may be more soothing to your stomach.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active