Thin Verses Obese

huskergalWsD
on 1/4/14 8:17 am

.. As I was on the mend from my  Double bypass Open Heart surgery in 2004 , attending an educational nutrition class P. O. I learned  that Thin people can be just as unhealthy as Obese people.. In class was a 60 yr old man that must have weighed no more than 99 lbs. after he just had double bypass open heart surgery , he had clogged arteries. just as I had from my obesity..

That was an eye opener for sure. can be unhealthy from too much calcium in the arteries too, as I had my third heart attack in April 2013 for that exact reason...got me a stent inside of a stent....Happy New Year..stay healthy... still maintaining my 110 lb weight loss after wls..still amazing myself every day.. love my new cookbook Skinny girl to the Max got for Christmas..I love tweeking recipes ...Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Member Services
on 1/5/14 1:51 am - Irvine, CA

Hi,

Thank you for sharing, this can be a real eye opener for some who have battled being over weight all their lives.  Sometimes we associate good health with a number on the scale and as you have shared here that is not always the case.

Regards,

Member Services

AnneGG
on 1/5/14 2:29 am, edited 1/5/14 2:29 am

I know you're right- my mother died of cirrhosis and emphysema, and she never weighed more than 110 lbs. Of course what she did to manage herself was none too workable. But obesity adds so much to as well as complicates all the other reasons for poor health.

I'm going to check out that cookbook. And way cool on managing maintaining so long- you give me hope!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

huskergalWsD
on 1/5/14 5:04 am

I just realized I  made a mistake on the name of that cookbook, "It's Hungry Girl to the Max" not Skinny Girl to the max..

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Most Active