my poor butt hurts!!!

Lori Risner
on 1/11/14 10:18 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
My tailbone hurts when I sit. BAD!!! Anyone else experience this? I am 9.5 months out. Had RNY and down 99 lbs.

Blessings on your day!

isign4u
on 1/11/14 10:35 am

Yes! Yes! Yes! Ever since surgery and laying in that awful hospital bed, my poor but hurts and goes numb.  It happens all the time when I am sitting or laying in bed.  I never have had much padding back there. I don't know if it's from weight loss or all the sitting I did after surgery, but I'm five weeks out and went back to work one week after surgery.  Ugh! 

"One mistake does not a day make"        
Lori Risner
on 1/11/14 1:29 pm - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
Thank u for responding. I have always had plenty back there but I think the combination of rapid weight loss and my desk job my muscles have atrophied. I am sitting on bone. I had an x ray and doc said there was no significant abnormality. So.... Not sure now what to do other than stand. LOL

Blessings on your day!

KevinBacon
on 1/11/14 3:15 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

All the ladies in my support group who are at goal complain about their butts hurting now when they sit on hard surfaces 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Susan P.
on 1/11/14 11:26 pm
RNY on 07/15/13

OMG - I thought it was just me.  Yes, I have this too.  I am 6 months out and 62 pounds down.  At least I know I am not alone with this.  I was thinking it was because I have a flat butt.a..

PetHairMagnet
on 1/12/14 9:11 am
RNY on 05/13/13

OH MY YES!

My PCP and my orthopedist have both spoken to me about doing a surgery to shorten it if this persists. I have awful 'callous' skin on it and even laying down can be uncomfortable if my head is tilted and causing my spine to tip down. I have a car with what are considered some of the finest seats around...and I still have to put a pillow in on drives of more than a few miles. When I ride in any of our trucks, it is a must even if just going for 5 minutes!!  

Even my down filled sofa, which used to feel like an amazing marshmallow to me, is uncomfortable after a short period of time. A regular foam cushion sofa is awful for me. 

But it is all worth it, IMO!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active