pre op physical therapy

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/14 9:20 am
VSG on 03/26/14

Hi! I am doing All of my pre op appointments and one of the last things i have left is physical therapy. I am just curious what kinds of things they have you do?

poet_kelly
on 1/12/14 12:35 pm - OH

I was not required to go to physical therapy before my WLS.  You can call and ask what the apppointment is for if you aren't sure.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/12/14 12:45 pm - OH

Are you sure it is physical therapy rather than meeting with an exercise physiologist?

Some programs have patients meet with one to go over exercises you can easily do at home based on your weight and any physical limitations you have.  For me, for example, he helped show me how I could modify some leg strengthening exercises and use an exercise ball to eliminate stress on my knees (which were very painful). 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/14 1:37 pm
VSG on 03/26/14
It's at a physical therapy clinic and they called it P.T but that's probably the same thing. Thank you so much. I was nervous like, am I going to run? I play racquet ball every day but I can't run to save my life lol. Thank you!!
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1345 views