What to eat???

Carter32407
on 1/12/14 10:57 am

I have started my journey to have a the sleeve done this year.  I am most worried about what I can and cannot eat. I am a picky eater and I am trying to find different things I may have not thought of. This is for the restrictions after surgery and life after that. Please help!

shoutjoy
on 1/12/14 7:17 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

I am hoping you are researching everything there is to know about your procedure and asking a lot of questions to your bariatric team.  You will learn so much about what to expect and it will give you some peace of mind.  The more knowledge you have, the better chances of success.  Your body will be going through a major change so you will have to treat it with care.  With most all procedures, you will start out at the liquid phase, then to the soft food phase, then solid foods.  You will finally get the opportunity to listen to what your body is telling you it needs.  It might be good to line up a good nutritionist to assist you with these choices.  Learning to develop a healthy relationship with food, portion control and exchanging bad habits for good is a life long but rewarding process. 

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Cunning_Pam
on 1/12/14 11:09 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Being as you're a picky eater, and you haven't listed any of the things you're picky about here, it's pretty much impossible for anyone here to read your mind and give you things you haven't thought of, unfortunately! What you can try is looking through bariatric specific food sites and checking out all the recipes and ideas there to see if there's anything that resonates with you. Google "The world according to Eggface" and "Bariatric foodie" for a couple of great sites with lots of ideas and recipes.

Good luck!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active