Goals

DietPrincess
on 1/13/14 2:35 am

Besides losing weight and feeling better, what goals do you want to accomplish after WLS? Or, what goals have you accomplished since you had WLS?  I want to run a 5k and go zip lining with my daughter.  (She is 14 and did the tree top zip line at Seven Springs). I was jealous, I hate to admit that, lol.

RNY  2/27/2014

KevinBacon
on 1/13/14 3:02 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I haven't thought of this in a long loooong time. Let me try to unpack this a little bit. 

I am a mother of four girls. The biggest thing I want to accomplish is to live what I preach. I talk to them about self confidence almost daily and the importance of character and integrity. We talk about what the world and the media want them to think of themselves as they grow into women and how wrong many of the messages they receive really are. We talk about inner beauty and choices being as beautiful as outside appearances.

As for me, I feel beautiful... but I don't feel healthy, so when we talk about things and I use myself as an example I get pangs of guilt. Even though I feel beautiful, I know that I have ugly health. I started calling my health ugly in 2012 when a condition caused heavily by my obesity almost took my life. I had respiratory failure, and if it weren't' for modern medicine and being kept alive by machines I wouldn't be here. I'm only 31. 

I want my own health to reflect the message I am trying to give my girls. My parents never talked to me or explained things to me. That was cool for them, and I made it to adulthood obviously so no hate... but I went through a whole lot of heartache to figure things out and I dealt with a lot of issues which led me to make a laundry list of bad choices for myself. I want better for my kids. 

This second chance and life saving tool in my belt will be the greatest gift I can give my family. I am so excited and so grateful. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

AnneGG
on 1/13/14 5:55 am

Most moving, what you shared. Glad you made it, and have a chance now at better health. It helps to have such big things at stake, doesn't it? 

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AnneGG
on 1/13/14 5:37 am

Goals I had pre-surgery 3 ½ years ago:

Better health and the possibility of a longer life.

Greater physical strength.

Personal growth and challenge- learning how to change my eating and exercise habits and stick to it no matter what, no excuses.

Wearing size 6 clothes.

Better self confidence and self esteem.

Greater inner peace and happiness.

Ability to handle any social situation from one-on-ones to large gatherings.

Extensive and rewarding professional and volunteer work.

Traveling the world many different places with ease and agility.

Lots of fun playing with and chasing my grandchildren.

Greater intimacy and joy with my husband.

You know what- I've accomplished each and every one of my goals! Guess I have to keep working on the ones that are ongoing, and make some new ones!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/13/14 9:54 am - Laurel, MD
Hi OH Friends!

My goal is to finally make it to a goal. Even 7 yrs. later. I hit a stall plateau years ago, tried, and tried, so I thought and then moved on as I was, and now 30lbs. of regained wt. 7 yrs. later, I am at it again, to finally loose the regained wt. & make it to goal is my new goal. I came from the heavy wts. I like to call it. My highest wt. was 354lbs. got down to 222lbs. and then stalled? I lost the drive. So now, I am back, at it again 7 yrs. later ( in March is surgerversary. I want to loose the 30-regain and an additional 20lbs. to total loss of 50lbs. Can I do it? well I am sure going to try. I know it's not impossible, I just have to make real efforts to get the unwanted gained wt. off and want to make it to goal this time, no matter what. Well easier said then done and doing. I am hanging in there but it's been a long beginning if you know what I mean. I can live with 199lbs. my new goal & docs goal for me originally was 190. I hope to get there, but first things first. Patience and the Will to do it come first. For myself I know I am serious this go at it, because I had to give up my ****tails, and I do miss them dearly!! one day again with better moderation. So there you have it, and here I am! Standing ground. It's This has been the longest wk. ever!
I used to say one sweet day. My other motivation is wl, for my Graduation!! in March as well. I will loose what I can before then, and I won't give up til' I reach the final goal of 50lbs. gone!
So for now one pound at a time. I now understand the saying , "its like watching paint dry"
Best wishes as we all venture on through the wl woes of our lives.
Peace-jbug

"jbug"

Gwen M.
on 1/13/14 11:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I don't want to die and leave the people I love alone. That's really the only goal that means anything to me. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kate -True Brit
on 1/13/14 7:38 pm - UK

Lots of goals still but this is what I have achieved which, to be honest, I never thought I would! Bear in mind this is all since I was 57 years old! Not one of these would have happened if I hadn't lost weight.

US size 8 clothes (actually that didn't last but I am happy with my size 10s)

abseiling (do you call it rappelling??)

zip wire

quad biking over 1000 foot sand dunes in Africa

backpacking in Asia - Vietnam, India, Thailand, Malay Peninsula, Borneo

hiking up mountains in Maine

trekking and camping in Kalahari desert

doing 5k races

Cross country skiing (OK so that had a rather painful outcome, cracked ****yx, but I tried it!)

taking part in an international theatre production in Austria

Acting in a pantomime 

keeping up on hikes with my husband who is 14" taller than me and a very fast walker.

i could go on. Weight loss has changed my life. Dramatically. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1204 views