The scale game keeps you on track!!

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/13/14 10:54 am, edited 1/13/14 11:01 am - Laurel, MD
I did a mini survey a few days ago, about when you and how often people weigh in? <br />
<br />
Some said daily, and several times a day? <br />
Some said weekly. <br />
Monthly I don't recall. (who can wait that long right?)<br />
<br />
I feel as though because I stopped weighing in, is what lead to the unwanted pounds that I have regained! I saw it in the mirror, I had to start buying larger sizes again, and I was just eating and drinking with no worries, not exercising as before. <br />
So what choice did my body have but to gain wt. How long was this supposed to go on? The scale is what keeps us in check honestly. If I had continued to weigh in, and see the pounds creeping up on the scale, I would have tried to do something about it!! then vs.. now! and the situation is out of control. At 30lbs. later of regained- and 7 yrs. post op. in March.<br />
So I have decided, that I will weigh weekly, as to keep it all in check and keep a perspective on wt. gained or lost. I truly believe that this is and will be the key, to maintain wt. and track it. I guess yrs. ago when I stalled, I could not stand the fact, the scale was not moving, down, and low and behold, it's now moved back up to the tune of 30lbs. of re-gained wt. I knew the truth already, and weighing in was only going to confirm it. But I am sure that if I had continued to weigh in, I would have not lost so much control. It's taking me almost 7 yrs. to realize this? As they say better late then never, or imagine me regaining all of my 130lbs. loss, BACK??? I would not know what to do with my self. So the scale is my friend, she will keep me in check, show me where I came from, tell me where I need to be, and hopefully keep me, there! this time around. Stalling and plateau will happen, but this time, I am going to break through it! I can not give up on my self. Look how far I have come? and gone! but now I am back! This 50lbs. is coming off and staying off! And the scale will help me, to see it, and do it. <br />
Peace, jbug. <br />

"jbug"

poet_kelly
on 1/13/14 11:11 am - OH

Who can wait a month before weighing?  I can.  I only weigh at the doctor's office.  I do not go to the doctor every month.  So I go longer than that.

I think you should weigh as often as is helpful for you.  Weighing often is not the only way to keep on track, though.  I am maintaining my weight and don't even own a scale.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/13/14 11:19 am - Laurel, MD
I honestly believe that me, not weighing in "enough" per say is what lead to my sabotage of wt. gain. Denial, I did not want to see the numbers! so looked the other way! and now??? I know I did it to myself, but I know NOW, I will have to weigh as often as weekly to help myself stay in check, once I reach goal. I know about being obsessed with it and all that, but if it keeps an individual in check, then there you have it! I just already know this time it will be different, I have learned my lesson.
As you stated, I have to do what works for me! I have to make it to goal first and then go from there.
Thanks-jbug

"jbug"

AnneGG
on 1/13/14 11:40 am

Personally, I'm with you, Ladybug. I do daily just to keep me on track. If it goes up I do something about it. I would rather do it that way than clean up a week's worth of mess.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AppleSpice251
on 1/13/14 11:43 pm

I weigh daily immediate after rising and voiding.  Oh, and nude. 

MyFitnessPal.com is what many use to stay on track.  It (or any tracker of your choosing) forces us to stay focused.  I just went back to tracking since about the end of October.  I need to regain my focus after all those holiday goodies!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1342 views