Homeopathic Remedies for before and after surgery

sleevelessinNY
on 1/14/14 5:17 am

I was hoping some of you could share which homeopathic remedies and at which concentrations you were taking before and after surgery and how they helped you.

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/14 1:29 am

I keep a bag of frozen peas in my freezer for when I get headaches.It does work.I used to get headaches all the time.I would pop motrin like it was candy.With RNY I can't.I use a hot shower when I have a stuffy head.

sleevelessinNY
on 1/23/14 11:20 pm, edited 1/23/14 11:20 pm

My headaches are cured by coffee. I've read that after the surgery it is not a good idea to drink coffee or tea.  I am not a big coffee drinker, but I do use it for headaches. Have not taken anything else for that for years!

As for my question I was looking for feedback regarding use of homeotpathic remedies.

During my last csection I've used:

Arnica 1M prior and after surgery: helps with pain and blood extravasations

Bellis Perennis 200C which helps when there are injuries/surgeries in abdominal area

Nux Vomica 30C for constipation

Calendula gel for scar care

I wonder if there are any specific remedies/medications which are particularly good for bariatric surgery. I understand that you cannot eat or drink after surgery (or before really), but I think taking 2-3 small sugar granules should be ok.

Will need to check with my doctor when I see him again.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/25/14 9:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I would definitely check with your doctor. Many people are put on PPI medications (acid reducers like Prilosec) to take long-term, and I would generally be concerned about the interactions between homeopathic products and those prescriptions. It's also common to be on a stool softener of some sort, so bring that up with the doc as well; since it's not uncommon to take something like that on a regular, long-term basis, it may be preferred to take something non-homeopathic that your doctor has more experience with and has more clinical research on.

I haven't read about calendula gel, but I've been slathering myself in aloe and cocoa butter for my surgery scars and saggy skin, and even if it doesn't do anything, it sure makes me smell nice!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1432 views