OTC Cold/Flu Meds

pyee
on 1/14/14 7:49 am

Which are safest for RNY patients?  NyQuil is burning my pouch and causing squirties!  Mainly, I need something to suppress a cough.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/14/14 9:11 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM Pacific Time, pyee wrote:

Which are safest for RNY patients?  NyQuil is burning my pouch and causing squirties!  Mainly, I need something to suppress a cough.

Have you tried the NyQuil caplets? I took those, no problem. 

Tylenol Cold is also good.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

pyee
on 1/15/14 3:07 am

Duh!  Why didn't I know that??!!  I'm going to give caplets a try!  I like the strength of NyQuil and sleep soundly while taking it.

***2010 is my year for change...watch me do it!***            
H.A.L.A B.
on 1/14/14 9:23 am

I took CVS brand Tussin sugar free. (I think this is equivalent to Robotussin SF or for diabetics.

If I ever have problem finding what I need I always ask pharmacist - IMO - they are the best to advice what would be best: I tell therm I need SF, no alcohol no extended release, no NSAIDs.  I get help from pharmacist for OTC meds ALL the time.  They may no know what is good for RNY person, but if you tell them what you cant have in the OTC - they are great helping you. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1494 views