Water

nikki2092
on 1/16/14 7:22 am - MI

If you are low on water intake can it slow your weight loss down?

Nikki        
TurnThePage
on 1/16/14 9:28 am

Yes.  Dehydration can also make you seriously ill.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/14 9:30 am - OH

Being dehydrated doesn't affect weight loss, though...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/14 9:29 am - OH

No, not directly. Drinking between meals, however, helps people keep from snacking, so if not drinking enough makes you eat more, THAT could slow down your weight loss.

You can also potentially get dehydrated, of course, but hat has nothing to do with weight loss.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

nikki2092
on 1/16/14 2:40 pm - MI

I eat the same weather I'm shoving water in or not. It's just that when I drink water even hour after I instantly feel hungry. I know I'm not dehydrated I was just curious if it helped lose weight. 

Nikki        
MyLady Heidi
on 1/16/14 6:15 pm

I drink tons of unsweetened lemon infused watered down iced tea and then refill my cups with pure water everyday.  I do not start eating food until dinner 5 days a week, I attribute my hydration system to my continued success.  I drink at least 100+ onces of water per day.  I would say water is vital to weight loss, without it you tend to overeat.  I always drink before I eat anything and sip as needed while I eat to cleanse my palate, I cannot eat more then a cup of solid food, i.e. expanded brown rice, at a time.  And I have no real hunger pangs ever, all attributed to keeping my body so well hydrated.  People ask how I live on 1000 calories a day, but to me because I drink so much I am always physically engaged in the act of sipping and swallowing it really doesn't occur to me how little I eat until I see it in comparison to others.  Water is the key to my success.  I never set foot out of my house without a 20 ounce filled cup, my boyfriend will joke and say don't forget your baba, because he knows I go no where without it.

Valerie G.
on 1/16/14 8:28 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Possibly, but being 2 years post-op, it probably has more to do with (a) your honeymoon period is done and (b) you need to pay more attention to what you're eating now that things are easier than they were your first year.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Mary Catherine
on 1/17/14 1:21 am

Drinking lots of water became popular in the US during the 1970's.  Enterprising people took advantage of the new fad and sold us water in bottles.

When I was growing up in the 1950's people did not drink much water.  Maybe a sip with pill or a small glass if we were actually thirsty, but never the amounts that people drink today.  We got most of our water from drinking fountains in schools or other public places and it was a few sips at a time.

Most people were also not overweight then.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1429 views