Buying vitamins need input about Kirkland Multis

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/14 8:03 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

I need some input! I am getting low on my Centrum multi vitamins and it's time for me to buy some new ones. I was checking out a deal from costco for Kirkland's Multis and they look like a great deal with the same vitamin content but my concern is this:

Are they the same size as the Centrum multis? I presently take the under 50 centrum multis with iron. I can swallow those just fine. However, anything larger would be difficult for me. Can you get these down okay? Is there any strange aftertaste when compared to the Centrum? Any input is greatly appreciated!! I'd like to find this out before I buy.

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 1/28/14 11:09 pm, edited 1/28/14 11:10 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I take the Kirkland Multis for Mature Adults (because they don't have iron in them). They are pretty big, but I can swallow them just fine. In fact, I usually swallow them with 5-6 other pills with no problem. (My trick is to tilt my head back and have them all go to the back of my throat before swallowing. I find that my throat opens up when I tilt my head back and it makes things much easier.

And I do not get a strange aftertaste after swallowing.

Anyway, here's a pic of a Kirkland Multi so you can get an idea of the size (it's sitting on top of a quarter.)

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/14 11:32 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Thank you soooo much! That was very nice of you to take time out of your day to answer  in such detail for me. I took a pic of my Centrum multi on top of a quarter and compared it to your pill pic on top of the quarter and I think they are exactly the same size. Perfect! I can save a few bucks. :-) You, my dear, kick A&&

PetHairMagnet
on 1/29/14 1:48 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Not what you were asking--but are you taking iron in addition to what is in your multi?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1366 views