GASTRIC BYPASS REVERSAL?

Jessica O.
on 2/14/05 9:10 am - Apple Valley, MN
Oooooooooooooh...thank you SO much Michelle. I really REALLY appreciate your kind words! Hopefully with all of us praying so hard, I will kick this stuff and be feeling better soon! Yes, Zeke is doing well, I let him stay home from daycare today so he and I could spend the day together...for some reason, He was SO affectionate...he has been following me all around the house today hugging me, and kissing me...and he doesn't even know the concept of Valentine's Day But he sure acts like it . Hubby knows the concept tho...he got a small $300.00 or so bonus on his check last week and went out and bought me a diamond ring and 2 dozen red roses for Valentine's Day. It was so sweet, and although the ring is small, it means the world to me . It is so nice to acutally have been home for over a month without being hospitalized. The whole family is getting along so much better now that I am home, and we can bond. Again, thanx so much for posting to me, and I hope that I can come on here someday soon and post how wonderful I am doing...that'll be a big surprise to all hugs-n- to you, and I hope that you had a great Valentines Day!
Charlie
on 2/14/05 12:42 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
I second Lynda's post. Its good to see you....and a month without being in the hospital is a milestone. You must know that you have hundreds of people praying for you every day.... Keep us all posted.... Happy Valentine's Day.... Hugs Charlie
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/05 9:33 am - Fort Myers, FL
Jessica-It is really nice to see you post. When I see your smiling face it is sometimes easy to forget all the difficulties you have had. I am very happy to read that you are home and back together with your husband and son. My prayers and thoughts continue to be with you and your family.
CocoaPA
on 2/14/05 10:35 am - Outside Philly, PA
I know you probably mentioned this on previous posts, but what types of foods have you tried to eat?
Debbie George
on 2/14/05 10:36 am - Russellville, AL
I had my WLS only a few days before you and feel crappy alot of the time but I wouldnt change this chance for a new life for any food in the world...I hope you give it a little more time and (((((huggs))))) to you
BraydonsMom
on 2/14/05 12:42 pm - Iron Mountain, MI
Hi Debbie! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great attitude. You WILL feel better in the future! Take Care! Michelle
luvnlife2itzfull
on 2/14/05 10:47 am - Cape Coral, FL
Hi Joe- I have posted to a few of your posts in the past. I had surgery 2 days after you. I have been through hell and am not back yet. I honestly can't believe you have not had a endoscopy procedure done yet. Well, I have been hospitalized once for severe dehydration. They also did a EGD on me and found my stoma had almost completely closed. They could only view the hole with a neonatal (infant) scope. They partially opened it. I was good for 5 days. I ended up in ER 3 days after I was discharged from the hospital. Again I had another EGD done. This time they opened it fairly well. The next day I still could not drink without throwing up and continues to this day to be that way. I see the surgeon on Wed and the GI on Thurs. I have not had ANY protein since surgery since nothing will stay down especially the consistancy of full liquids. I am frustrated as h*ll. I hate this surgery! HOWEVER, I am not ready for a reversal nor do I think that yet. I know I'm so early out and unfortunately some people have complications and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it with the assistance of my surgeon, my GI, and my PCP. I am at the doctors office at least once a week. I suspect I will be admitted on Wednesday for dehydration again. That's ok with me. I feel much better after fluids. I am on these doctors to help. Don't get me wrong, if I am still in this situation say in a year from now I would NOT hesitate to have a reversal. But after a year of fighting for this surgery, I need to fight now for a better future. Good Luck Joe! I think of you from time to time since your posts are very similar to my feelings. Tammy
DonnaG
on 2/14/05 11:07 am - evansville, IN
Joe, I had the same "buyers remorse" that you seem to be experiencing. I was miserable but when I look back, I realize it was mostly me. I ate the right foods but I was such an emotional roller coaster that I had trouble putting things into perspective. Have you tried talking to a therapist and your doctor. Talk to friends, talk to your pastor. Also, I kept a journal because I was so emotionally rattled. I actually almost got fired. Good luck and I will say a prayer for you. Donna
Lalocaweta
on 2/14/05 11:04 am - Spicewood, TX
Joe: I feel you pain...I regret every day that I had this surgery... Was out last night w/ DH and a friend of ours told me how "wonderful" I look and all I could think was how s***** I felt as I sat there.... Reality is that you probably don't have enough complications to get a reversal. (I know I don't....) So we are stuck with a decision we made. Thus - we have to to 2 things: 1) Make the best of a bad situation. Learn to deal with the pain and issues that exist with the surgery. 2) Hope that preops will LISTEN to our stories BEFORE they have surgery and really, really try diet and exercise for real before they permanently change their body. I know that I NEVER gave diet and exercise a real chance...Too late now for those thoughts.... Anne
DeniseV
on 2/14/05 11:21 am - NH
Hi Joe, I feel for you, hon. I really do! But you must realize that you are so newly post-op and these days are not fun...AT ALL! In fact, they suck! Pretty soon, these days will be distant memories and you will be enjoying what WLS has to offer you. Hang in there for a while, Joe, before you start contemplating a reversal. GIve yourself a few months and you will see that life gets SO MUCH BETTER! It is not always this hard. Soon, you will be able to eat more normally and you will grow accostomed to the changes. It does take time, however. Hang in there, Joe! We are here for you! Hugs, Denise
Most Active