Vita lady lab list

Jen 1959
on 1/29/14 10:41 pm - NH

Has anyone used her list for their own labs? Seems like somethings do not make sense  to me? PT and PTT?     isn`t that for blood clotting?

Member Services
on 1/30/14 12:51 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Jen-Honeybee,

We think members use the list as a suggestion to show your PCP if they are not familar with our surgery type. It's best to do your labs via your surgeon's office if possible. They know best, give them a call to discuss with you and answer any questions you may have. 

poet_kelly
on 1/30/14 12:56 am - OH

Why would it be best to do your labs at your surgeon's office?  My PCP has been ordering my labs since I was about 18 months post op.  I don't see why it would matter who orders them as long as the right ones get ordered.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Member Services
on 1/30/14 12:59 am - Irvine, CA

Not all PCP's are familiar with WLS and then you have to educate your PCP on what your needs are.  It was just a suggestion if that is the case....

poet_kelly
on 1/30/14 1:00 am - OH

Most PCP's aren't very familiar with WLS.  Mine isn't.  I just take him a list of the labs I want ordered.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

southernlady5464
on 1/30/14 7:30 am

Many surgeons also do not pull all the correct labs for a particular surgery type. And also many of us are no longer under the care of a surgeon...as most surgeons do surgery not long tern follow up care.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1322 views