Measuring Food

funeebonez
on 1/31/14 11:23 pm - Logan, UT

I am almost 5 Years out of RNY and have lost over a 100 pounds.  I have gained a few pounds back but, am trying to get back on track and in the right frame of mind.  My question is  do any of you WLS grads still measure your portions  4-6 oz a meal??  How much do you eat at a meal? 

poet_kelly
on 1/31/14 11:30 pm - OH

I'm over five years out and yes, I still measure my food.  I eat about a cup of food at a time.  4-6 oz would not fill me up at this point.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnneGG
on 2/1/14 1:27 am

I eyeball portions, and measure and log if I need to lose.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

momjan
on 2/1/14 3:34 am - Canada

I eyeball but will occasionally measure.  I stick to under 1 cup and don`t eat white stuff...potatoes, rice, noodles, etc., but that is my personal choice as I think we need the proteins more than fillers.  I can get good carbs from veggies....and a bit of fruit.

Most Active