11 years out

TrishSchline
on 2/1/14 3:47 am

Hey there, I had Gastric Bypass Surgery 11 years ago. I had originally lost 152 lbs, was at 124lbs and felt that I was too small even though the stats say that is where I am supposed to be. I felt that a size 3/4 was just too little for me. I accomplished to slowly maintain a size 8, and felt very good about where I was. Over the past 3 years I have undergone a lot of stress and also job change so my activity has lessened. I weigh in now at 168, wearing a size 10. I would love to find my way back down to 140 without the use of drugs. Over the course of 11 years I to date never eat more than the palm of my hand and I know that my body can no longer handle milk, I cannot handle lactose funny tho' I can have cheese with no issues. This makes protein shakes hard to handle, otherwise I would go back to strictly a liquid diet and start from there. My question here, IS THERE A DIET PLAN THAT RESTARTS THE POUCH? How do I get back on track? Helppppppp..... 

Member Services
on 2/1/14 8:29 am, edited 2/1/14 8:34 am - Irvine, CA

We at OH do not advocate one plan over another but here are a couple of plans the members post often.

Carb Buster Plan

*No alcohol

*No artificial sweetener

*Only water, tea, and coffee.  You can have low fat creamer. You can flavor water with lemon.

*Veggies include: broccoli, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash.

Breakfast Picks:

-1/2  cup egg beaters with 1 cup veggies

- ½ cup skim milk/1 cup ice/ ½ cup berries mixed into a smoothie (berries can be strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or mixed)

-½ cup oatmeal, 1tbs slivered almonds/1 banana

Snacks (2 a day)

-1 cup lowfat yogurt

-14 almonds

-2 rice cakes with 1tbs of peanut butter

-1 piece of turkey rolled in lettuce with mustard

-string cheese (low fat)

Lunch

-2 cups lettuce/ 4 oz of lean meat/ 1 cup of veggies tossed with vinaigrette

-whole wheat wrap with lettuce, mustard, and 4 oz of lean meat

Dinner

-6 oz of any lean meat 

You can use salmon, beef, pork, or chicken as long as it is lean.
You have to have protein and the veggies

-2 cups of steamed veggies

**The second plan is called the 5 day pouch test

mkvand
on 2/1/14 8:30 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

There are lactose free protein shakes you can try, but why not go back to basics?  Start by eating 3 oz of lean, dense protein, then if you're still hungry have some low carb vegetables.  Don't drink with or immediately after meals, and avoid refined carbs.  There is also a back on track together forum under the community tab you may want to check out.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

MyLady Heidi
on 2/1/14 10:48 am

Dieting is about calories.  How many do you eat now?  Reduce that number by 500 calories.  Eat clean healthy low fat foods and you will lose weight.  The more you move the quicker you will lose.  My question is how do you get so far out of surgery and not know what and how much you should eat?

Most Active