Are you daydreaming about what you'll look like at goal??

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/14 5:31 am, edited 1/30/14 5:37 am

If you are like me, I am daydreaming constantly about how great I will look and feel as I progress toward my goal weight    I think about how cute I'll be able to dress, what kind of new haircut I'll get, what kind of knee high boots I'll get...I could go on for days.  Well I found this great website that you can plug in your height, age, body shape, and whatever weight you want and it will return images of real women who fit that criteria.  It's so cool to see at different sizes approximately what that size will look like.  I think it will also help with getting your mind caught up to your body. You can see what others see when they look at you at your new size!  Here's the link: http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html  Enjoy!

Manny32
on 1/30/14 8:11 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

im dreaming to be skinny again :) 

sanjali23
on 1/30/14 9:10 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Yep I absolutely am but on this site it seems like blasphemy to admit it. Everyone pretends like it's all about being healthy and if so I wonder why don't they post the before and after cholesterol and BP results and not pics. Thanks so much for the link

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/14 9:18 am

Lol! The health aspect is for sure the most significant to most if not all of us. THe rest is the cherry on top (or should I say the flax seed on top)! 

Laura in Texas
on 1/30/14 9:48 am

lol...I'll admit I wanted to look good, dammit!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mcraedublin
on 1/30/14 9:56 pm - GA

Lol!!! Me too! And healthy as well. 

Atl_Gadget_Grrl but u
can call me Charlotte

on 1/30/14 11:21 am, edited 1/30/14 11:24 am
VSG on 06/12/13

In all honesty, I made the decision to go down this path in order to get healthy and outlive my mom who died at age 49. There was no pretending there. And, I have posted updates on my labs as I have them.

Photos are easy to post. Labs, not so much. No lying, though, it is cool to be a normal body weight again. Sit back and enjoy the ride! (and post plenty of photos!)

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

AnneGG
on 1/30/14 9:48 am

I will hearby testify to the coolness factor of being thin- gotta admit I just love it! Now I have to manage my shopping addiction re: those boots and clothes, etc.

And, of course, in order to be proper, ahem, the healthy flax seed part is rather good, too...

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/30/14 11:47 am - Laurel, MD
Hi,
Thanks for sharing the link. I did try it and I am impressed.
Can't wait.

"jbug"

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/30/14 12:15 pm - OH

I'm sure most people do to one extent or another!  I am not sure how someone could NOT!

Sometimes the visual images we have don't match the reality of our post-WLSbodies (extra skin, lumpiness, etc.), so I would encourage you to balance the daydreaming about how you will look with daydreaming about what activities you will be able to do and other aspects of no longer being obese (you know, things like never having to give a thought to the size of a seat or restaurant booth).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active